Turtle Rattle

KristieMN

So I made one of these cuties this weekend! Although I had problems with eyes well b/c it's the first time I did anything other than an afghan so I didn't know how - then I found a different thread here on the 'ville that talked about french knots so I may try that next time - I ended up getting a sharpie and drawing eyes on!:lol :lol But it was so cute anyway! I'll be making the frog rattle this weekend!

oh my goodness....I think this may be the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! I am in awe of your talent. I think this goes on my "must do immediately" list as my 5 month old son (and my 2 yo DD for that matter) will LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

• 1 year later...

Thank you for thee pattern, I just got done making it, Only took a few hours. It for my grandson, who is due on Jan. 5 2010.

Again so cute.

I'll be posting the picture of it on my websites.

Kristina

• 4 years later...

I love the pattern! He's so cute! The problem I found was on the tail. You have to chain 5, then sl st into 2nd chain from hook, then sc in nest 2 then hdc and dc in last one. I ran out of stitches to make that work, to do it right, you'd either have to ch 6 or sl st in 1st chain from hook. 

Archived