Crochetville vacation idea

Hi all:

Now that summer's here and people will be going on vacation, how about taking a picture of yourself in your Crochetville shirt, hoodie, etc. or with your Crochetville tote in your vacation spot and posting it here. We could see how far the Crochetville message goes in the world, and maybe offer a small prize for the person who goes farthest from home--what do you think? :idea

Drat! We just got back from a business conference my husband went to in Hawaii, and I didn't think of it at the time, though I certainly took some crocheting with me. We might get to Northern California later in the summer, but probably no farther! :shrug

I'll be travelling almost 8000 miles this summer for my holiday! Then another 8000 to get back. I guess I have to get some c'ville gear to show off now!

Bec

P.S.

Wouldn't it be cool to see the Crochetville logo in front of the White House, or the Kremlin or the Eiffel Tower? or even in front of your mother-in-law's house in Muncie, Indiana? :clap

LOL I just got back from vacation, I took the Crochetville tote my Spring Secret Pal sent me but I didn't think to take pics of it. Too bad too because I used it at Gettysburg among other civil war battlefields.

Oh man! If I were still in Vegas, I would have taken a picture of me in my hoodie in front of the Eiffel Tower, Rome, Venice, Egypt, New York.... :P I have to settle for LA later in the summer. :)

I didn't have a Crochetville bag or shirt, but I mentioned us today at a yarn shop. Thanks to a recommendation from a fellow C'ville member, I found a neat little shop near my moms house. HollyM suggested I try the Knitting Gallery in Colts Neck, NJ and it was fantastic. I explained I was from a place with no yarn shops, and I wanted to pet the yarn and enjoy it. Mom was invited to relax while I petted and loved and picked out some yarn and found myself a swift! Plastic, but it meets my needs and pocketbook. They also offered to send me yarn if I call them, or I can send mom in with a list. I have their business card if anyone will be in the area, pm me and I'll send you one.

Kathy

Sounds good to me--maybe a pic of anything fun anyone does with their family this summer in their logo shirts or bag, like a backyard barbecue, going to the beach, or hanging out somewhere with friends. Or even a pic of someone crocheting at the park while the kids run around, logo shirt or not! Anything combining summer fun and crochet!

• 4 weeks later...

:D

Flat Stanley LOL.... Last Year my niece sent him to me for a school project via mail . He was about 7 to 8 inches tall and a cut out from some hard paper like oaktag and was colored by my niece. The Project was to send him to somewhere other than where you live. My Niece lives in New Jersey so she sent it to me here in Canada and I took him to the Falls, Niagara Falls that is and we took pics of Flat Stanley visiting the falls. Then after I got the pics I put them in a small photo album along with some postcards and information regarding the Falls History and mailed them back to her Teacher then sent Flat Stanley to someone I knew going to austrailia. I will have to find the pics and post them cause they are really funny.

Yup that is "Flat Stanley" The flat Stanley we had here came from Kentucky and we took Stanley to the races - took pictures of him at the betting booth with the race horses and talking to the jockeys. Then we took him on a tour of the downtown Saratoga Area - took his pic eating ice cream and hanging out in the famous SPAC park. Next he went to the auto museum and had his picture taken with a model T ford. He was last seen headed to cooperstown for a weekend of baseball nostalgia.

-Dawn

• 1 year later...

I otta ask Roli or Artemis - they have pics of us C'ville people at the CGOA convention a couple weeks ago at the Valley Forge convention center in King of Prussia, PA. Only an hour and a half from my house, and that's the furthest I've been in a couple years - and for a few years to come, too, the way the finances are going! :eek

• 3 months later...

We were touring Grand Canyon and surrived death valley .

When we got to San Fransisco it was foggy and cold I could have been doing with my hat.

So whenIfinish my hat how about a just from Scotland my homeland.

I just ordered one of my CHRISTmas presents at CafePress! Yep, I'm going to be an OFFICIAL VILLAGER with my Crochetville hoodie!!! :clap

I forgot to add that I WILL be wearing my hoodie not only on vacation (whenever we get a chance to get away) and to the college I attend! :O)

Archived