Anyone interested in Cross Stitch

bline49307

Does anyone in the ville also do Cross Stitching? I have in the past, a nice break from crocheting sometimes. I would do another project if I could find a picture of the smokey mountains in TN. Any suggestions where I might find a pattern for such a picture?

I also do cross stitching!! Its my other crafting passion! I wish I could help but have no idea where to find a pattern for the mountains.

I hope you find what you are looking for!

Yes, cross stitch is something I do all the time. I just googled smokey mountain cross stitch and came up with a smokey mountain christmas. Not sure what you were exactly looking for, but thought I would share what I found.

I love to x stitch, I am doing a pic of one of our horses - I bought a computer program to make graphs of pictures, it works great.

You might be able to find something like that too, and use a picture of your own if you have one of the mountains.

That is a good idea. I have seen the ones where you can send the picture in and some company does it for you. I didn't want to go that route, would rather do myself.

Sounds like another trip is needed to take a good pic. :)

I have a computer program called Pattern Maker for cross-stitch. I don't know how expensive it was because it was a gift. It is a great program. All you do is scan your picture and it converts it for you. You can get as technical as you want by adding in the amount of colors you wish to use. Well worth the time to learn the program which is very friendly. My DH loves Nascar and this is the only way I know to get patterns for him. You should be able to go to http://www.hobbyware.com and get free demos, but don't hold me to that because that was years ago I did that.

I have a friend that combines both arts. She tunisian crochets blocks and then cross stitches her own patterns on them. She then assembles the blocks and makes afghans. She just got finished with one for her grandson. It was so cute. He likes things with wheels on them. She she cross stitched bugs, cars, bus, train, and carts. The carts had animals in them. She even cross stitched his name on it. It is sooooo cute. He knew it was his too. As soon as it was dry from blocking, he took off with it. He is only 3.

I have seen simular things done with sc 'ghans too!

I have given here the 'ville address and she has visited. I have incouraged her to join to post her pictures of the 'ghan but she said she wanted to think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to cross stitch all the time...eons ago! I still have tons of material and floss and patterns. I've been thinking of getting back to it.

I'm going to look into that Pattern maker program too, didn't have that back then. I abandoned a project that I started because I tried to make my own undersea pattern and it was too hard.

:)I love crossstitch i have so many things i could open a shop .I have been crossstitching for years now but my eyes are taking a toll on me .so i have been crocheting :c9,But my love is crossstitch .If there is anything i can help you with feel free to ask me. I have 100's of books and magazines if you are looking for any i have to get rid of alot because of my eye site .Take care and nice to see :manyheart:huga crossstitch sister here ,In friendship theresa:cheer:yay

Archived