Oh So Soft Baby Washcloths

I am using this pattern to make washcloths with hand made soap for my son's daycare teachers for Christmas. I love the pattern!

I've made 4 so far for a shower that I am going to in a couple weeks. I will put them in the gift basket with the other things I have crocheted for the baby. I love this pattern and will probably make some larger ones for myself. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and useful pattern with us all! :hug

• 1 month later...
Thank you! And best wishes for you and your wonderful new addition!

Thank you for the best wishes. I'm happy to say that I have a beautiful 6 week old baby girl. I hate to say that she hates hate hates (can I emphasize that enough?) her baths, however, when I put the washcloths on her, she calms right down....:manyheart

Thank you so much for this pattern, my little pepper loves them!

You are so very welcome! You just made my day!;)

Thank you for the best wishes. I'm happy to say that I have a beautiful 6 week old baby girl. I hate to say that she hates hate hates (can I emphasize that enough?) her baths, however, when I put the washcloths on her, she calms right down....:manyheart

Thank you so much for this pattern, my little pepper loves them!

• 4 months later...
I recently put this pattern up as a free Ravelry download, if you are a member and are interested, you can find it there in pdf form. My Ravelry user name is needlenhook.

th_DSC08350-1.jpg

Image is clickable

Pattern:

Finished Size: 8 inches square

Yarn: Bernat Cottontots (or any comparable worsted weight yarn), Approx. 50 yards MC and small amount CC for trim.

Hook: Size I-9 (5.5 mm)

Notions: Darning needle for weaving in ends.

Gauge: Not crucial for this project. This works up very quickly, so your washcloth can be your gauge swatch!

Directions:

Ch 21.

Row 1: With MC, Sk first ch, *1 sc and 1 dc in next ch, sk next ch, rep from *to last sc, sc in last sc, ch 1, turn. (21 sts)

Row 2: Sk first sc, *1 sc and 1 dc in next ch, sk next sc, rep from *to last sc, sc in last sc, ch 1, turn. (21 sts)

Rows 3-15: Rep row 2. Do NOT fasten off.

Finishing: Still using MC, sc evenly all the way around the washcloth, putting 2 sc in each corner sp, end by sl st to beg sc. Fasten off.

Attach CC anywhere on the outside edge and reverse sc (also referred to as crab stitch) all the way around the washcloth. When you finish the last st, do not knot the end, just pull the tail all the way through. This will make for a cleaner edging. Weave ends in. Wa-la!

Copyright 2008 by Theresa Grant. This pattern is for personal use only. Feel free to make it for your family and friends, but it may not be used for profit in any way shape or form.

Very nice work. Can you use any other Cotton Thread? I have a couple of balls of ?I think Peaches & Cream and have no idea what to crochet.(it was given to me) Is there a difference in the one you use and the ones I have? How does it come out when they dry up? I read awhile back, that some smell awful or are too stiff?

If anyone can RE: the're opinion on these questions is very helpful.

jaye

• 4 months later...

Archived