Crocheted wedding purse

atarango

Question

So my mother's goddaughter is getting married this December. She comes from a family of women where everything is handmade. Her dress is being handcrafted by her entire family, hand-sewn in satin, with panels of Mexican crocheted lace and hand-made rosettes. Anyway, the reason why I am telling you this is that my mother, upon hearing how the dress would be made, went and volunteered me (ME!) to make a small wedding purse for the bride to carry. Yes me. Hah.

So I need a pattern for a crocheted purse that is appropriate for a wedding and that is somewhat, um, spectacular. I can crochet with thread although not any smaller then size 10 (smaller makes me hands hurt terribly.) I am willing to buy a pattern, but I have no idea where to look- I need a spectacular idea for a crocheted purse, and I need it soon!!! Please, please leave any suggestions. Thanks

Angela

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have just the thing for you.:clap

It is a pineapples and pearls purse which doesn't look to difficult to make and is absolutely spectacular:cheer.

I am making this for my future daughter in laws wedding next June.

You can find this pattern (FREE) :yayat: http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?cat_id=337

Hope you like it,

Toni

There is a very elegant small beaded purse in Donna Kooler's encyclopedia of crochet. I think it may be what you are looking for. Finished size is 7" x 6". It is made with size 10 thread, and crystal beads, would work with pearls to match brides dress. Very pretty!

I already have the Encyplopedia of Crochet.......and I have had my eye on that purse too........but the other one from freepattern is also beautiful! So now I have both patterns! Thanks!

They're all beautiful! Very soon I'll have my EoC (it's in the mail) and I'll be able to see the other one. I think the pineapple or the lotus are the prettiest. I think the pineapple would be the easiest and it looks spectacular.

I made the one in Encyclopedia of Crochet for friends daughter. It turned out so beautiful. As for the beads, I got mine at A C Moores, so cheap, get what you want and do not worry to much about exact size called for, near but not exact. I used the ones with the silver stuff inside them, beads stores charge a zillion for them, so do not go there. I was so proud of this purse and the family and bride loved it, but get this, she did not use it, and no pictures taken with it out of 2,700 photo's, that hurt.

Archived