August Table 2008 Gone with the Wind

Tampa Doll

I can not believe it is August already, seems like it was just July a day or so ago.:rofl

I have completely changed the table this month. I use to put up baby dolls dressed as flowers, along with some Southern Bells.

As most of you know, I have been making dolls that go with the Book Gone with the Wind.

We started off with Melody, then came Scarlett, and finally Rhett. We couldn’t forget Mammy with her red petticoat and of course we had to add Prissy. Finally we made Baby Bonnie Blu.

As you can see, my entire table is dedicated to the Southern way of life, back in the 1800’s. We have Southern Bells out for a picnic and of course 2 all dressed and ready to ride.

So happy August to all and enjoy a look back at Gone with the Wind.

th_8x6sd1August2008Table.gif(Clickable) th_8x6sd2August2008Table.gif(clickable)th_8x6zmAugust2008Table.gif

Mary Jo, I think this is my favorite of all your tables. Then again, I am partial to GWTW since my name came from that movie. I'm just glad they picked the name Melanie instead of Scarlett for me!!!!

You have outdone yourself with the GWTW characters :nworthy

Excellent work as usual :clap:clap

Ohh, those are all so pretty. I have one taller bed doll and some pretty patterns for them but I just can't choose which one (a few of them are exactly like the ones in the pics). This should help alot!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work!!

Julee

p.s. Sent off your patterns yesterday!!

Wow. I just love this month's table set up. You do such beautiful work every month for everyone to enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing. It makes a sad day a happy day to see the table set ups you do. Keep them coming cause they are just breathtaking.

Mary Jo,

Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. You always outdo yourself and bring a smile to my face everytime. This talbe reminds me of simpler times and of my family back in the Carolinas. Thanks for sharing

An absolutely beautiful table, Mary Jo! I LOVE your Mammy doll, and the dresses on the ladies are to die for! I would love to have lived in that era and to have worn those dresses! Can you imagine getting dressed up and going to a party at Tara or Twelve Oaks? The fun it would have been? :dreaming

Archived