Lion Brand Site Crochet a Long

Stephanie

Lion Brand Yarn held a knit-a-long for an afghan. They've decided to also host a crochet-a-long. See the link below to vote on which pattern will be done. Although no date is stated, my guess is that it will begin sometime before end of August.

Lion Brand Yarn Crochet A Long

Cool! I voted for the Zen Spiral. That looks like a fun pattern and I like the wool-ease yarn.

:)Well, I chose the sampler pattern made out of the Fisherman's Wool. I love the Zen Spiral also, but I've already got the yarn for the sampler and it's good to destash, right?

Actually, I don't like any of the patterns suggested. The fishermans afghan looks boring, I have no use for a table runner and the zen would be horrid hot to work on here in Texas.

I wish they had allowed for more choices.

Honestly, it's *never* crochet time in the southern Arizona desert--even thread sticks in your fingers this time of year. If I had to wait for crochet weather, I think there might be about 14 hours in late December, spread over 3 or 4 nights. :lol I'm not sure which of the projects I'm going to vote for--I enjoy Priscilla Hewitt's skipping stone circular, so that is catching my attention right now, but give me another day and I'll probably change my mind. Patty

Honestly, it's *never* crochet time in the southern Arizona desert--even thread sticks in your fingers this time of year. If I had to wait for crochet weather, I think there might be about 14 hours in late December, spread over 3 or 4 nights. :lol I'm not sure which of the projects I'm going to vote for--I enjoy Priscilla Hewitt's skipping stone circular, so that is catching my attention right now, but give me another day and I'll probably change my mind. Patty

LOL I was thinking the same this about it being always hot. I live just south of Phoenix and man is it warm and sticky this time of year.

I'm with the person that posted the comment that she didn't care for any of the crochet-a-longs. The closest I liked was the spiral one. I think I'd like to see it as a motif afghan. The spiral's geometric visual qualities are not discernible when the spiral is that large.

I voted for the zen spiral. As far as skills-building though, I think the table-runner might be the most "educational" choice, but it just didn't appeal to me. I already know how to do motif-based afghans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived