Witch's Hat, for my Halloween Costume

candycook

I crocheted the Witch's Hat for my Halloween costume. I didn't have a pattern.. but gave some tips on how I accomplished it here. I had to unravel it once because I had given too much increase too quickly and it took on a rather funky shape. LOL. It kinda looks like it would also make a good wizard hat... or it really looked like a gnome hat before I added the brim.

Anyway, the hat is chenille and is so comfortable, I can hardly envision using it only for Halloween. LOL

000_1619.jpg

Tell me I look like a real spooky witch?? LOL

Oh, thanks for the compliment on my eyes!! You're so sweet. Many times, people compliment my sons on their beautiful eyes - I take that as a compliment to me, too, since they are the same. LOL

I actually chose that "blue" color yarn because it's got "magical color changing" properties. When I bought it, it looked blue (and obviously with a camera flash it looks blue), but in the light of my home it looked very purple... so it's an indigo-ish, blue, purple.. never the same color in any different light. I thought that goes with the whole magical witch hat theme. :D

I used to have color contacts (cant for the life of me figure out where they went - in blue and one set in green (my eyes are hazel) and i just loved them but the blue ones are still in the sealed container (many moves later i cant find them) If i could find some that would make my eyes that color - i think i would save for a lifetime for them!! I have always loved blue eyes and especially the color you have - reminds me of the ocean and it is my favorite color too!! and you are very welcome!!

if your boys (how old are they - btw?) have that color eyes be forwarned you will have girls beating down the doors to get to them as they get older. lol!!

Nice hat and you do have incredible blue eyes! My eyes are blue too but they are more like gray on a rainy day. My son's eyes are blue too but his are clearer. Yours are pretty!!!

>>> if your boys (how old are they - btw?) have that color eyes be forwarned you will have girls beating down the doors to get to them as they get older. lol!!

LOL, they are 4 & 6. The youngest gets noticed every time I leave the house. There's not a day that goes by since he was born that a lady does not mention "those eyes....." I think it helps that his eyelashes are like a mile long and very dark. LOL

>>> Are you also making the rest of your costume??

Yes, I am making the rest of my costume.. this will be part of my costume:

chs-daytonightponchoa.jpg

Though, the color of mine will be different. Since my witch's hat is that charcoal gray and the blue color, I thought I''d use the charcoal gray for one side and the blue color for the other. That will be my biggest crochet project yet. Of course, I have to wear something underneath the hooded cape thing, but I don't think I will crochet it. I guess it depends on how long it takes me to get the hooded cape thing done.

Archived