Dead Sea Stole

ladylinoleum

Let me preface this post with the factioid that I learned to spin last fall. Since then I have been practicing the art of spinning on a weekly basis. Anyway, about two months ago I had finally accumulated enough homespun to actually make something!

Here is the result of my toil...

DeadSeaStole.jpg

It's the Dead Sea Stole. All the yarn used in this project was either dyed, spun or a combo of the two by me!!

Here's the yarn just after being plied...

FiordlandsPly.jpg

NiddyNoddy.jpg

Yarn crocheted...

DeadSeaStole3.jpg

The yarn for the fish skellies (appliques) is a result of one of my home dye projects. I used glow in the dark acid dye for that yarn.

DeadSeaStole2.jpg

Fish eyes are needle felted.

DeadSeaStole4.jpg

Anyway, I am pretty proud of the results. This is the first of many "From Fluff to Finished" items I intend to make.

Yay!!

Thanks all!

It is soft! I used a mixture of different wools, but mostly merino. It definitely worked out.

I am so happy with how the yarn crocheted up. You never really know how a yarn is going to look until it is crocheted or knitted up!

you should be proud lots of work went into it and it's lovely..enjoy wearing it..

You're telling me! I am usually very fast when it comes to churning out the FO's. Not this one though. Spinning takes time. Although, it is time well spent.

Thanks all!!

That's wonderful! I'd love to learn to spin, and I have someone who could teach me but *where is the time*???? Making the yarn for the project must be very satisfying indeed. That's a neat piece of work you've got. :)

.... do you have sheep too?

Archived