Some more colourful doilies

amdm

love your doilies.

I like the colored ones too, nice change from ecru or white.

good job ; you do beautiful work .:yes pinkroses

Simply beautiful. I love the colour and pattern choices, such intricate, densely textured patterns. Sometimes light toned variegated colours can lose the intricacies of the pattern, but the peach and white works beautifully with that dense scalloped texture. How large are the doilies and how many balls/skeins of thread did they use? (I am trying to gauge what I will get out of my pink variegated to pick the right pattern :yes...)

I think my favourite, for the combination of your active colour choosing in conjunction with the pattern, is the green and blue - though they are all stunning.

Regards,

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate them.

crazyboutcrochet - the two on top are from Mary Werst's Extra special doilies, and the grey one is a PK pattern.

marika - all three are quite small, between 8" to 10". The grey one needed an enormous amount of thread - 2 complete 20 gm balls of size 20 thread, AND I had to buy a third ball to complete the last round. With the other two, it's a little difficult to say because there are 2 colours in each doily. The thread I used comes in skeins which weigh approx 30 gms each, and I didn't require the full skein of any of the colours. But if you select such a textured pattern, you won't get much mileage out of a 10 gm ball.

Archived