CrochetedMonkey's Felted Cellphone Cozy

diamond

Here's 2 pictures of CrochetedMonkey's Felted Cellphone Cozy that I was a tester for. This is my very first felted item and I am so proud of it! The pattern was super easy & the felting was a breeze! I've been putting off making a felted bag because I was 'afraid' I would mess up big time. Now I'm ready for the bigger bags!

This is made with Panda Woolbale 8ply 100% Pure New Wool, they don't give a color name to the wool but it's the prettiest teal blue I've ever seen.

Crocheted with a I hook. The 2 strings in the front were originally supposed to be drawstrings. I didn't ask whether to felt the drawstrings before weaving them thru the cozy or after. I did it before.....drawstrings won't budge after! So I had to improvise and come up with another way to close the pouch. None of my buttons were big enough or were too big so I took a D-ring and inserted it into the felt, tied the drawstrings together and slipped them thru the D-ring. Works for me! Enough babbling....here's CrochetedMonkey's Felted Cellphone Cozy.

cellphonecozy1nu.th.jpg dscn03274rq.th.jpg

Images are clickable for larger/better views.

Thank you, CrochetedMonkey, for letting me test this pattern for you!!!

Now that I know how easy it is, I do! I designed my Epiphany Bag to be felted and still haven't felted it! Now I will!

wonderful job on the fulling - your stitches melted perfectly!!!:hook

I think ('cuz I'm new at felting) it's because I couldn't wait for the pouch to dry so took my hair dryer to it. I could actually feel it shrinking a bit more in my hand when the hot air was flowing into it.

Very nice. I've been wanting to try felting too and that looks like the perfect starter project.

Archived