Help!Terry Kimbrough Sweet Dreams Baby Afghan

rascal

Question

I am driving myself crazy with round 2 of this beautiful afghan...I know many of you on the forum have made this afghan and I have not seen any one say there are errors in the pattern so it HAS to be ME. Can someone please look at round 2 of the edging in Leisure Arts Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Afghans, Sweet Dreams and tell me if there are supposed to be 416 dc at the end of the round. No matter how I do it it doesnt come out to 416 dc and what is messing me up are the corners. It seems if I follow the directions that two of the corners will have 5dc in same stitch, with 2 dc in same stitch on either side of the 5 dc, and two of the corners will have the 5 dc in same stitch, but only 2 dc in in same stitch on one side of the 5 dc. Can anyone help me with this round, or the corners? Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Thanks for trying to help me Pineapple! I do understand 5 dc in marked and that the 2 dc go in the next stitch but what I mean is that all 4 corners have the 5 dc in one stitch, then two of the corners have 2 dc in same stitch on the stitch before and AFTER the 5 dc, and two corners have the 5 dc and only have 2 dc in same stitch on one side of the 5 dc. So, the corners would be: 2dc in same stitch, 5dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch on 2 of the corners and the other 2 corners say: 2 dc in next stitch, 5 dc in next and 1 dc in each stitch to next corner, so shouldn't each corner have the 5dc with 2dc on either side of the 5 dc? Geez, I'm so confused !!!

Yes, round 1 came out to the correct amount of sc- 394, but I still don't know how to do the corners! If there are no errors, I should just do exactly what the directions say, even if that means there will not be 2dc in same stitch on either side of the 5dc's on all 4 corners?

I end up with 2 more stitches...but see if how that last corner ends? there will be 5dc in one stitch and there will be the 2 dc on the 1 side of it but not on the other? Thanks for your help! I have to go to work now and I'll check back on here later - You are so GREAT for taking time to help me - this is for my grandson who is due on Nov. 5, but I need to have it done for a baby shower pretty soon!

Pineapple: I Got It!! Thanks so much for helping me. I came home today and sat down and just crocheted it exactly as the directions said and it came out 416 dc's like the pattern says! The corners don't all have the 2dc, 5dc, 2dc but that's what the directions say and the next round came out correct as well. I'm on round 4 now and it is going well so wish me luck! Thanks for taking time to help me figure this out!!!

I am crocheting Terry Kimbroughs Sweet dreams. I am having extreme difficulty with row two of the afghan. I can not get 79 stitches and 8 spaces no matter how i figure it. I even graphed it out and I wind up with more spaces and dc than they say. Please help!!!

IMG_2381.jpg.2576d8ddd810f3870759a38f137f3ec6.jpg