Seeking this pattern - shell stitch

JusOneKiss

Question

I've desperately been seeking this pattern for quite some time. I just so happened to run across someone selling crochet who quite obviously has the pattern. I've sent a message but as of yet no response. This is a link to the ebay site where she is selling. This person does some pretty fantastic work. If anyone recognizes the pattern can you please clue me in??? Thanks for all and any help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360072581238&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guideline reminder: I just ran across a post in this thread in which information about a site that appears in Crochetville's filters was added. When a site is added to our filters, any links to that site will appear with a bunch of ******** and the links won't work. Sites can be added to the filter for a number of reasons: they post scanned images of copyrighted patterns with out stating they have permission, they distribute unlicensed patterns of trademarked/copyrighted characters, material is too adult in nature for our child-friendly forum, etc.

If a site has been added to our filters, that also means we cannot allow any discussion of that site, hints at how to find the site or what's on it.

If you ever post a link to a site that's in our filters, please go back and edit or delete your post to remove the link and any mention of that site.

For more information on this particular guideline, you can read our regular forum guidelines post and our summary post of guidelines related to trademark/copyright issues. If you have questions about the guidelines, please feel free to contact me via PM.

I'm posting this reminder just to help make sure everyone knows about the purpose of our site filters so you can help us make sure information about specific sites that appear in our filters isn't posted here at Crochetville.

It looks to me as though it is a fan square more than a shell - worked in rows starting in the corner. I love a mystery and when you find out what the pattern is called, please let us know. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

:hiand :welcome

http://crochetpatterncentral.com/ here is link to all kinds of free patterns. Boy that person does some really beautiful work!

Aw..thanks Crazie, but its not there...:(

Thats one of the first places I looked.

I'm hoping someone either remembers it from a leaflet or book and can give me a place to start hunting/shopping for it

Wow, that is quite beautiful. And I might add that her prices are more than reasonable. I love the filet afghan with the ponies, and for $20 I would rather buy it than go to the trouble of making it (but then again I don't enjoy filet that much).

Well I emailed the seller on ebay and she said it is a pattern that her mother learned long ago. She said that she may be posting some patterns soon tho and that she would let me know.

Yep...I had that exact same email awaiting me when I got home from shopping. Just in case I went and check the new book on shell stitches...208 shell stitches or some such. Beautiful as those were - it did not contain that particular pattern.

I wonder if someone emailed this woman if she would publish and sell her pattern. Just judging by how many of us here love the pattern and would purchase it, I think she's make herself some fun money!

If anyone figures it out, sign me up! It's absolutely beautiful!

:hookColleen

I could be wrong but doesn't this pattern look very similar?

http://bloomingpatterns.blogspot.com/2008/07/fan-ciful-towel.html

Donna Marie

Thanks for showing me that Donna, but no....its almost as tho after crocheting the fan/shell across in white, they turn it, change colors and crochet in back loops only across with the color, then turning and changing back to white continue back across in the remaining loops....I'm experimenting now....

very neat pattern. I'm curious just like everyone else on the stitch/combination of stitches.... and also how she makes any money w/ her prices. w/ work like that, worth a lot than in the $25 range.

Sandy

It's beautiful! It looks like a corner to corner type idea, with shells, and perhaps a color change here and there. Gives me some ideas of things to play with though! :) Yeah, she should charge a lot more for that blanket, especially with the large size!

Thanks for sharing!

Victoria

Well, I look at it this way.....while I'm busy experimenting with this pattern/idea, hopefully it got all you ladies (and mens) creative juices flowing, and we'll have a pattern shortly. :clap

As for her underselling her work. I agree, however I watch so many many people do that for some pretty stupendous work. I'll never forget listening to a person at a get together tell me that she OVER PAID for the lovely afghan I was admiring on her couch. She said she got it at a garage sale for $5. I was floored! There must have been a minimum of $20 worth of just the yarn in the huge afghan. And the work was lovely. Not to mention the hours and pride this person put into this work (the stitching really was superb)....sigh :(

Archived