Butter Tub doll

Froggievilleus

Question

Hi All!

I am trying to find a pattern for a doll that wore a cute ruffly dress that was attached by a butter tub to hold treasures in. I got one of these when I was a young girl back in the early 80s. I thought about that doll (which I sadly no longer have) the other day and thought that it would be a great idea to make for a gift. I have done some online searching but have had no luck as of yet. If anyone has or knows where I could locate such a pattern, that would be wonderful. Any help is welcome. :)

Many thanks!

Elizabeth

14 answers to this question

I did one of thes dolls not to long ago. I too recieved one as a child and wanted to make one for each of my three girls. I couldn not find a pattern so I just did it. I have notes around here some where. If you wnat me to I will look for them and let you know if I can make a pattern up. I still need to make a hat for her but I ran out of that color yarn.

th_beddoll001.jpg

clickable

th_beddoll003.jpg

I did one of thes dolls not to long ago. I too recieved one as a child and wanted to make one for each of my three girls. I couldn not find a pattern so I just did it. I have notes around here some where. If you wnat me to I will look for them and let you know if I can make a pattern up.

th_beddoll001.jpg

:lolIjust looked up that thread you did for this picture of your doll to send in here!

Hi Dorothy,

Your doll is very adoreable. If you would like to post your pattern, that would be fabulous. I am glad to know that there is someone out there that knows what I was talking about. :) To be honest, I was not even sure what to call the doll. Butter tub seemed the easiest - lol.

I look forward to seeing your patten when you post it. I am not in too big of a hurry - Christmas is still a few days away - lol. :)

Many thanks! :cheer

Elizabeth

I would also LOVE the pattern to this doll.. I always thought they where bed dolls? i had one, and my mom put my pjs in them.

I used mine to put PJ's in too.. I had one when I was little and couldn't find a pattern and after months of searching I just made one up. I am still looking for my notes as my kids have a way of taking off with things :blush!

I am working on the pattern now I hope to have it done in the next week.

Looking forward to this one. Thanks so much. It brings back special memories of one of these dolls my grandmother made me as a child. :hug

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait on this one too. I've made sooooo many clothes and blankies for my granddaughter and would love to make something different and something that she can use and not wear.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug

Archived