Best Ever Booties

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The word "bpsc" means back post single crochet. To do this, insert hook from back to front to back around post of stitch indicated, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook. If this is too difficult, then work one round of sc or work it in the back loops only for this round. yes, the pattern is the very first post on page one.

• 8 months later...

I am currently making some of these for our big christmas house boutique. I am using the Bernat Coordinates yarn and they are coming out quite nice. I am so glad to hear that this pattern is still going around and blessing the feet of many babies!

Cutest ever booties and so easy to make! TY so much for sharing!!!

I am fairly new to crocheting so I have no idea how to enlarge a pattern or decrease it. Can someone please help me figure out this pattern to make it smaller? I made this pair last night using a size G hook and it fits a toddler size 4-5 (which is great since that fits my second to youngest grand-daughter and youngest grandson). I tried making it today with a smaller hook but that made it to small for most of my g-babes and too big for the newest. Baby Ellie was born a preemie (weighed 4 pounds when she came home) but is now about the size of a full-term newborn. Her feet are about 2.5" long and VERY narrow.

Also, I absolutely love this pattern when completing only through row 7 ... it makes for an adorable ballerina slipper! Has anyone made this in an adult size? I would love a pair of these for myself and my daughters. If you have a pattern I would love for you to please share it. :)

Cutest ever booties and so easy to make! TY so much for sharing!!!

I am fairly new to crocheting so I have no idea how to enlarge a pattern or decrease it. Can someone please help me figure out this pattern to make it smaller? I made this pair last night using a size G hook and it fits a toddler size 4-5 (which is great since that fits my second to youngest grand-daughter and youngest grandson). I tried making it today with a smaller hook but that made it to small for most of my g-babes and too big for the newest. Baby Ellie was born a preemie (weighed 4 pounds when she came home) but is now about the size of a full-term newborn. Her feet are about 2.5" long and VERY narrow.

Also, I absolutely love this pattern when completing only through row 7 ... it makes for an adorable ballerina slipper! Has anyone made this in an adult size? I would love a pair of these for myself and my daughters. If you have a pattern I would love for you to please share it. :)

Due to copyright laws and our forum guidelines, other members cannot actually rewrite this pattern in other sizes for you. Only the original poster could do that (if they had the time available to devote to that project).

However, other members can share basic information about the general concept of resizing patterns (changing hook and/or yarn size, tips on how to figure out how to change stitch counts).

People can also share links to other similar types of existing patterns that may be available in different sizes.

TY for the info. Hopefully someone can point me to a pattern that is just as easy as this one to make the sizes I need. I absolutely adore this pattern but I have 8 g-babes and can't get away with making them for just two.

We are on a very limited income (who isn't these days) so I am hoping to be able to make some adult sized for family and friends and the little ones for ... well .. the little ones.

I am so glad I came across this site!

I will keep in mind making other sizes, thanks for the idea. i appologize for using the abbreviation "nt" in my pattern. It means "next". Being blind, every abbreviation helps when brailling a pattern and so I use them without even thinking! thanks to all who have posted your pictures. some people don't know to look at other replies for them and I appologize. that camera just doesn't do what I, a blind person, needs it to do! Ha ha!

I can say that to make these booties smaller, make your beginning chain shorter, probably by two. When you start the shaping for the instep, though, you will decrease differently. i know it gets comfusing, so when I am free, I will think about it.

• 1 month later...

I went through the thread and noted the posts that had pictures. Only 2 were posted using the newer Crochetville hosting so the photos are visible in the post, those were posts 77 & 100.

Since so many have asked for pictures of these cute booties, I thought you might want to add this note to your initial post so people would know where to find them!

Other posts with photo links still working were

14, 19, 26, 40, 41, 53, 62, 65, 97

Also, someone has linked to your pattern in Ravelry and there is a pic there http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/best-ever-booties

• 2 weeks later...

Archived