Best Ever Booties

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This IS the best every crochet bootie. I made several the misplaced the pattern. More babies coming soooooooo I searched and searched and searched on line but just couldn't fine where it was. Yesterday I was going through a pile of printed patterns and there it was!!! Now I've looked at this pile several times and never saw it there. I now have it safely bookmarked and in a Word document! To make a girl's bootie extra girlie I put a ch3, sc in each of the sole ridge stitchs after I completed the bootie.

I LOVE this pattern, it works up SOOO quickly. I have made 3 pairs so far. The first pair is in the picture - I haven't taken pics of the other 2 yet. I didn't crochet the tie, I used 1/4" ribbon instead AND I crocheted another "sole" up to where you crochet around the post, then I slip stitched it to the bottom. The one in the picture I used white for the sole and the tie. The other 2 I did the booties are white. One has blue soles and ribbons and the other has pink soles and ribbons.

S6303212.jpg

• 10 months later...
I thought I'd share my pattern for booties. I am so very picky about them that I have struggled for years to find a pair of booties that will fit a newborn. I guess it started when my nephew was born prematurely and nothing fit him, not even preemie clothes! Anyway, I just made these last week and I even made them with yarn for an older child. I doubled the sole (made two pieces and crocheted them together) and they are adorable! I hope you like them (sorry there's no picture).

BEST EVER BOOTIES

Size: 3 inches long.

Materials: Baby yarn, 2 oz; F crochet hook; yarn needle; 1 yd 1/4-

inch ribbon.

Back Post Sc (bpsc): Insert hook from back to front to back around

st indicated, yo and draw up a lp (2 lps on hook), yo and pull

through all 2 lps on hook.

Starting at sole, ch 14.

Rnd 1: 2 Dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in nt 9 chs, 7 dc in last ch;

working down opposite side of ch, dc in nt 9 chs, 2 dc in last ch,

join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 30.

Rnd 2: ch 1, sc in joining, 2 sc in nt 2 dc, sc in nt dc, hdc in nt

4 dc, dc in nt 4 dc, 2 dc in nt 7 dc, dc in nt 4 dc, hdc in nt 4

hdc, sc in nt dc, 2 sc in last 2 dc, join with sl st in first sc:

Rnd 3: (sole ridge) Ch 1, bpsc in each st around, join.

Rnd 4: ch 3, dc in each sc around, join.

Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in joining and in nt 13 sts, (dc nt 2 sts together)

7 times, sc in last 13 sc, join: 34.

Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in joining and in nt 11 sc, (dc nt 2 sts together)

twice, dc nt 3 sts together, (dc nt 2 sts together) twice, sc in

last 11 sc, join: 28.

Rnd 7: Ch 1, sc in joining and in nt 11 sc, dc in nt 5 dc, sc in

last 11 sc, join.

Rnd 8: (eyelet rnd) Ch 4, (sk nt st, dc in nt st, ch 1) around,

join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch4.

Rnd 9: Ch 1, sc in each dc and ch sp around, join: 28.

Rnd 10: Ch 1, sc in joining and in each sc around, join. Fasten off

and weave in ends.

Ties: Ch 70. Fasten off and weave in ends. Weave tie through eyelet

rnd and tie in bow at center front.

Variation: For ruffled top, omit Rnd 10 and work as follows:

Rnd 10: Ch 1, (sc, ch 2) in each sc around, join in first sc.

Rnd 11: Ch 1, (sc, ch 2 in each ch2 sp around, join. Fasten off and

weave in ends.

I LOVE this pattern, the booties are perfect!!

hiya if you do make these even crocheted slippers i have a tip for you to make them non slip you know the rubber silicone that is used to go around pvc windows i know you can get clear and white but i dont know if they sell other colours put a bit in a plastic dish or a old dish even a jam jar lid will do take some of it out the tube and mix it well with a wooden lollypop stick and thinly spread it over the bottom of your footwear once all covered leave it for it to dry then hey presto a non slip bootie or slipper , if you need say for instance black just buy some ink of the colour you need and add a small amount to the mix and mix it quickly as it sets quick then there you are hope this tip helps whoever needs a non slip footwear :-) suz

these are beautiful booties and no end of lovely things can be added to them many thanks for the pattern once ive made some i will put a pic of the finished bootie once again many thanks very much appreciated xxxxx suz

You're welcome! Even though I am blind, I know that I can share what God gives me. i am so pleased to know that many of you are making these for yourselves, others and for charities!

So i made some of these to go with a set i was making for a friend. AND they are the cutest thing ever! I have problems finding a bootie pattern i like as well, and finally tweaked one to my liking and when we moved, i CANNOT find my patterns now. I know they are here somewhere lol, BUT i just cant find them!

I made the sole of them blue, but i forgot to take a picture of that!:P

These were a lifesaver thank you for sharing!

*did mine come out right lol? mine look different

Booties

this is the set i made them to go with.

[/url]the entire set i made

Wow ladies these booties are popping every wheres I think i better get to making some too... You ladies are doing great job with your booties.

I will post photo when i do...

hugs

Lillibet

So i made some of these to go with a set i was making for a friend. AND they are the cutest thing ever! I have problems finding a bootie pattern i like as well, and finally tweaked one to my liking and when we moved, i CANNOT find my patterns now. I know they are here somewhere lol, BUT i just cant find them!

I made the sole of them blue, but i forgot to take a picture of that!:P

These were a lifesaver thank you for sharing!

*did mine come out right lol? mine look different

Booties

this is the set i made them to go with.

the entire set i made

Would you mind sharing the pattern for that blanket in the set? It's gorgeous! I love the booties too! :)

hiya if you do make these even crocheted slippers i have a tip for you to make them non slip you know the rubber silicone that is used to go around pvc windows i know you can get clear and white but i dont know if they sell other colours put a bit in a plastic dish or a old dish even a jam jar lid will do take some of it out the tube and mix it well with a wooden lollypop stick and thinly spread it over the bottom of your footwear once all covered leave it for it to dry then hey presto a non slip bootie or slipper , if you need say for instance black just buy some ink of the colour you need and add a small amount to the mix and mix it quickly as it sets quick then there you are hope this tip helps whoever needs a non slip footwear :-) suz

I noticed Herschners has some stuff specifically for this.

Would you mind sharing the pattern for that blanket in the set? It's gorgeous! I love the booties too! :)

SURE! let me go find it lol. It is what i call mindless crochet, it looks so pretty and intricate, but its so simple i can do it in the dark at a movie theater LOL!

I do have an oopsy though lol the trim on the blanket is my own "wild hair". i will have to look at it and see what i did to tell you exactly, there is a trim with the pattern that is pretty that i did the first time, but i almost always do a "wild hair" trim on my baby blankets :)

I too would love to have the blanket pattern! I am thrilled that my booties are making a slash! I have 2 great neices and 2 unkown babies coming this year, so you can bet I am staying busy!

Archived