Best Ever Booties

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cori, your booties are beautiful. I love the way you added the pearls and flowers to give them that special touch. How do you attach the pearls? I have not tried doing this yet.

Brenda, thanks for sharing your great pattern. I plan on making some of these for the local hospital.

Joan

Thank you Joan so much.

what i did was when i got to the point i wanted to add a pearl was use

a steel crochet hook that would fit through the hole of the bead and pull

the yarn through and continue. you could pre-string the beads but i don't do very well with the yarn that way. the hospital seemed to really like

these and i'm looking forward to doing more.

Cori, your booties are beautiful. I love the way you added the pearls and flowers to give them that special touch. How do you attach the pearls? I have not tried doing this yet.

Brenda, thanks for sharing your great pattern. I plan on making some of these for the local hospital.

Joan

Cori,

I just wanted to comment on how your booties turned out really, really cute, especially with the beads. Great Job:cheer

I wanted to know what kind of beads did you use? because will a steel crochet hook go through it? Because usually the hole isn't big enough.

I've been wanting to learn how to do that for a long time but could never figure out how to.

Please let me know, Thank You

Carol:hook

Thank you Joan so much.

what i did was when i got to the point i wanted to add a pearl was use

a steel crochet hook that would fit through the hole of the bead and pull

the yarn through and continue. you could pre-string the beads but i don't do very well with the yarn that way. the hospital seemed to really like

these and i'm looking forward to doing more.

Hi and thank you. these are pearls i got from ebay a long time ago. they are the size of a small small pea. my size 7 steel crochet hook just go in the hole barely.

it was a tad tough getting the yarn through without splitting the yarn but thank

goodness it worked. i hope this helps. i just don't know mm sizes of beads.

Thank you for the info. I'm going to have to give it a try sometime.

Carol:hook

Hi and thank you. these are pearls i got from ebay a long time ago. they are the size of a small small pea. my size 7 steel crochet hook just go in the hole barely.

it was a tad tough getting the yarn through without splitting the yarn but thank

goodness it worked. i hope this helps. i just don't know mm sizes of beads.

The best part about writing a pattern and then sharing it is to see (or hear in my case) how others embelish and scullpt it to their needs! I assume that someone shared a picture and I say thank you! Happy crocheting!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brenda!

I may have PM'd you a while back with this pic or may have made another post of it in show and tell but I thought the others on this post might like to see them!

The booties are of course from Brenda's pattern, along with a baby hoodie (free pattern from Caron) and an Edgerydoo edged fleece I did to match!!!

CIMG2511.jpg

The funny thing is that I just got a call from her last night and she was having contractions and it is just shy of 2 months too early - so they did a third ultrasound - and guess what??????????? Madison (girl they thought they were having...) is a MICHAEL - a boy!!!!!! So she will be putting this set away and I am now busy with blue/green yarn for Michaels baby sweater and best ever booties :)

Hi Brenda!

I may have PM'd you a while back with this pic or may have made another post of it in show and tell but I thought the others on this post might like to see them!

The booties are of course from Brenda's pattern, along with a baby hoodie (free pattern from Caron) and an Edgerydoo edged fleece I did to match!!!

CIMG2511.jpg

The funny thing is that I just got a call from her last night and she was having contractions and it is just shy of 2 months too early - so they did a third ultrasound - and guess what??????????? Madison (girl they thought they were having...) is a MICHAEL - a boy!!!!!! So she will be putting this set away and I am now busy with blue/green yarn for Michaels baby sweater and best ever booties :)

:eekjust never know!OH BOY they must be really shocked!

• 2 weeks later...

yup they are Brenda - I am now making a pair of navy blue, white and red ones for little "Michael" cuz Dad is a Navy dad and I thought he'd like to see his boy in our country's colors!

• 2 months later...
Had to say thank you for this pattern! Have failed with other patterns, but these are great. Here are mine, hope this works, I am doing all of this by phone.

Thanks again, You are amazing!

Judy

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t327/goldenj32w2/utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjQuanBn.jpg

Those are so cute!! Thank you sharing them on here. I think I must have missed it if you posted it elsewhere!

Thanks Brenda for your bootie pattern, it is the Best Ever!:slipper

best%20ever%20booties%20white.JPG"

Oh those are so cute with blue ribbon running through them!

Brenda, thank you for the great pattern. They have become my favorite bootie to make. To date I have made 6 pair. They are so easy and can be made to look so different by just changing the yarn and color. Thanks again.:hug

Here's a big "you're welcome" to all! I am so thrilled to know that others like my pattern. They seem to be the right size for newborns and easily adapted for larger sizes. I am glad to know that all are enjoying them. Keep up the good work!

Hi Rhonda, "dc nt 2 sts together" means to double crochet the next 2 stitches together. This is done by working (yo, insert hook in nt st and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 lps on hook) two times, yo and draw through all 3 lps on hook.

For further clarification, yo means yarn over, lp means loop, st means stitch or stiches. You are pulling 2 stitches together into one. I hope this helps!

Brendakbrown,

Thank you so much for the clarification. This is my first pair of booties...I am expecting a new grandbaby in Sept. so I thought I would make a practice pair until I find out if it a boy or girl so I can choose pink or blue!!! Thanks again.

Rhonda

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, are these ever cute!! I make lots of baby items to donate to the local pregnancy resource center, and I'm going to try these soon.

I especially love those booties Cori posted, with their very special embellishments, although every-ones booties are adorable.

Brenda, thank you so much for sharing this pattern.

Archived