Crocheting Names in blankets

Hi All,

I am interested in learning how to crochet names into blankets. Would this be considered filet crochet? I have a friend that knows how to do this and sent me a graph she used some years back which I no longer have...any suggestions or places I can look for a tutorial? Thanks so much!

Hi Thill514 - fillet crochet from a graph is a good way to crochet a name into a blanket. I also do this by using a row of puff stitches followed by a row of sc (the puff stitches make up the letters ). You can see an example of a blanket I made for baby Isabella in this manner if you click on my name and then view public profile.

Thill514

I am posting you this link so you can see some of the other blankets I have done and maybe you can figure out the technique from them. Hope this is of some help to you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16157112@N05/

(Hope it works as i do not have great computer skills!)

• 2 weeks later...
Thill514

I am posting you this link so you can see some of the other blankets I have done and maybe you can figure out the technique from them. Hope this is of some help to you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16157112@N05/

(Hope it works as i do not have great computer skills!)

Those are beautiful! OMG, especially the golf one!

I've been reading around and I think :thinkI may be looking to learn how to do graph ghans (crocheting from a graph) as opposed to filet crochet. I'm on the hunt for a free graph and trying to figure out how to figure out the pattern once I have my image on the graph.

I've been reading around and I think :thinkI may be looking to learn how to do graph ghans (crocheting from a graph) as opposed to filet crochet. I'm on the hunt for a free graph and trying to figure out how to figure out the pattern once I have my image on the graph.

look for cross stich and beading graphs as well as crochet ones. Cross stich are probably the easiest to find and free ones are all over the place on line. You can also take a picture you like and some graph paper, tape them to a window, and make your own.

Hi Thill514. Thank you for your comments. If you want free graphs search under free filet crochet or free cross stitch charts or free knitting charts. For free alphabets just type in free alphabet charts. The golf pattern was purchased from Tina @ Superlativestitchery. She has some brilliant graphs. Good luck - dont forget to post your afghans so we can see them.

• 5 years later...

Archived