Just ordered an edgerdy doo

gholloway

:yay Yea I just ordered an edgery doo. I can't hardly wait for it to come. I am hoping to get the afghan finished that was suppose to be my son's wedding present but is now going to be Christmas. :lol Not enough time in the day when you work full time. I am so looking forward to learning how to use the edgery doo. Been wanting one for a while now. :clap

I got fiber board from our local home improvement store (menards).

I cut it up and have taped the pieces together. I have already made 3 blankets and working on a 4th. I'm have become addicted to the edgery doo..........

I use 2 ceiling tiles (the type for drop ceilings) that don't have the holes in them - they are sort of textured but no holes.

I tape them together solidly with the white parts facing each other, I have done it the other way and a lot of white dust can get into my pierced holes.

I first cut my fleece using the template on a quilting (self healing) cutting mat - this was something I picked up with a 40% off coupon at JoAnn's - otherwise it can be an expense $$$. But I have found it is superior when using the rotary cutter to cut thru fleece on my counter as the cutter can't get thru it to the counter and makes a cleaner cut than when I cut it on the tiles for piercing.

So then after cut I transfer my fabric to the piercing tiles and secure in place and begin the piercing process. I place my 2 tiles that are bound together on top of the cutting mat to ensure that I won't ruin my counter or tabletop.

Hope this helps;) Oh - almost forgot - when the tiles get ratty from too many piercing holes in 'em they are so cheap to replace and aren't to huge to store in my crafting closet.

Hi Ladies. I hope you don't mind my joining the conversation. DH and I were are Lowe's yesterday and we saw that Lowe's now calls their Celotex Soundboard "R Mat" and they also have a tag on it that says "IMP Sheathing". The 4x8 board was $6.00. There was a Salesman close by and I asked him if he had Celotex Soundboard and he said no. I asked if they have R Mat and he pointed right to it. If anyone is looking for the recommended board, give that a try. I am changing the handout we send with our templates. I hope that you are all enjoying your templates and making great projects.

• 4 weeks later...

What is an edgery doo? Never heard of one before. How do you use it? Is it for crocheting?

Lynn

Archived