Comfort Ghan for Baby Kael's Family

ThoseDarnPickles

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

I have an update for you all!

I received 2 squares from Mel (Dreams of Yarn) :hug Thank you SOO much hun! They are very bright and pretty!!!!!

I have had a WONDERFUL person volunteer to make Kael's blanket all by herself for a challenge for the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece! I appreciate this so much! This means I only need a total of 20 squares and with the 2 I received today I am at 15 of 20!!! And there are still a few on the way! THANK YOU to everyone who has helped out! Pics are on the way!!!!:yay:yay:yay

Hi everyone!!

I will be making the blanket for Baby Kael! I'm so excited for several reasons:

1. The wonderful members of the ville have helped me with 2 comfortghans for close friends

2. This will finally help me get rid of my baby yarn

3. I needed a challenge for the olympics!!!

So here we go! I'm trying to find a pattern that will be simple (so it goes quickly) but also something that will look good without a "pattern" in the colors. I was thinking a ripple or shell stitch. Any suggestions?

I think I see...this is a separate one for the baby!

yes!! i am avoiding squares because i absolutely DESPISE joining them. Haha! besides I like having one, bigger piece to work on.

I think I am going to go with a ripple. I can't wait to get started tomorrow!! :)

Hi everyone!!

1. The wonderful members of the ville have helped me with 2 comfortghans for close friends

So here we go! I'm trying to find a pattern that will be simple (so it goes quickly) but also something that will look good without a "pattern" in the colors. I was thinking a ripple or shell stitch. Any suggestions?

What an awesome thing you are doing.

I agree! I don't have words to describe how grateful I am! :manyheart

And Mel, I got your squares today! Not sure if you saw the above post! Thank you!

Yes, I saw that. We were both posting at the same time :lol

I'm glad you got them. I was starting to get nervous that they were lost in the mail.

:manyheartSEEE!!! I TOLD you she was wonderful!

Hi everyone!!

Yeah...in round 3 the asterisk should be posted one step earlier than it is. It's a dream to follow.

so it reads:

rnd 3: ch 3, skip 1 st, * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

but it should read

rnd 3: ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

correct?? I've never done a RR before...maybe i will give it a try!!!

so it reads:

rnd 3: ch 3, skip 1 st, * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

but it should read

rnd 3: ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

Here is a post with the correction, along with other tips.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

This is the pattern I use and love it.

I also do round 3 like she talks about after she gives the correction. It is less holey that way.

RR are a dream to work up! I don't like to add new points but they are so easy otherwise!

so it reads:

but it should read

Jessica, if you decide to do a RR and you get stuck or have problems (which you probably won't since they are so easy) just ask and one of us will be more than happy to help you out :yes

Have you ladies done this pattern w/ 2 strands and a bigger hook? I've been meaning to try something like that but don't know what size to use! :think

I've made 2 strand RR Rugs, but haven't made a 2 RR Ghan.

I made the rugs with a K hook. It was rough on the hands, but I used a K so it would be a firmer fabric. The one in my entryway is over a year old, gets walked on all the time, and looks almost brand new. The HUGE one in Hilly's room is older than the one in the entryway and looks like I just finished it.

When I make a 2 strand RR Ghan, I won't go any smaller than an N Hook. I'd have to try a swatch to see if an N would work, or if I would go up to a P.

so it reads:

but it should read

Yup:D

Have you ladies done this pattern w/ 2 strands and a bigger hook? I've been meaning to try something like that but don't know what size to use! :think

I like a P hook...depending on the yarn and the drape you want, a Q hook can be interesting to use:D

Hello everyone! Took some pictures today of the squares! I'm getting so close to being finished! As soon as I get the squares that should be here this week I will have enough to border and finish the ghan! I will post more pics with the progress of the assembly. Enjoy and Thank You all again for your help! :hug

cg1a.jpgcg5a.jpg

cg4a.jpgcg3a.jpgcg8a.jpg

Archived