Comfort Ghan for Baby Kael's Family

ThoseDarnPickles

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's great Pickles :clap I'm so glad you will get enough squares for the ghan :manyheart

Thanks!

I received the final squares yesterday and today. May actually have 1 or 2 extra. Anyone have suggestions on where I can send them to pass the love? :manyheart I would like them to go to another comfort ghan if possible.

As soon as the games are done I will be sending the ghan to the family. I will post pics as soon as its assembled! Thanks again for all of your help! :hug:hug:hug

You can check out lapghans needed for seniors Christmas. Sissie is trying to put together 100 lapghans by Christmas for seniors at a nursing home in her town.

I'm glad the folks here came through for you, just sorry I couldn't contribute

Joyce

Thanks!

I received the final squares yesterday and today. May actually have 1 or 2 extra. Anyone have suggestions on where I can send them to pass the love? :manyheart I would like them to go to another comfort ghan if possible.

As soon as the games are done I will be sending the ghan to the family. I will post pics as soon as its assembled! Thanks again for all of your help! :hug:hug:hug

Thanks!

definitely send the extras to Sissie!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!!!!

I have good news! I talked to Kael's mom on Thursday and they brought him home again! Hopefully this time it will work!

I have been so busy here I haven't started bordering the squares and connecting yet but I hope to be finished this weekend and here is why.

Ok so I have a lengthy update for everyone! I've been MIA lately, just getting on once a day at the most to check everything out. We have been offered the tech position back in Arizona. Just found out yesterday and there is a possibility that we will need to report to work there by SEPT 2ND!!!!!!! That gives me a week to have the house packed and ready to go! I was not expecting it this quickly so I'm freaking out a little! So I'm going to be MIA a little longer as I will have so much to do between now and then. There is a possibility that HR will drag there feet and not release us in time which means our report to work date would be October 13 but we won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday so we are packing as if it will be Sept 2nd. I will for sure have a project with me at all times as I pack everything else but I will be without my stash for a week or 2. I will still have internet the entire time with the laptop and my blackberry connection so I will try to check in but I will miss you all while I'm away! Keep hooking! :hug

Thanks for all of your help!

That is wonderful news about Kael :clap:clap

It sounds like you are going to be extremely busy. Pace yourself and take frequent crochet breaks, even if it is only a few stitches here and there. It helps you keep your sanity during a move.

Hello everyone! Just dropping in quickly....

Received a beautiful square from Tammy! :hug Thanks hun!

Also, for those of you that have my address and are still sending squares please PM me first. I am in the midst of that darn move and will need to give you my new address!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! The move went as smoothly as possible! We are still trying to get settled in and caught up! From what I have heard, Kael is still home and doing good! Hope to find out more this weekend!

I'm going to start bordering the squares and joining next weekend so I will post pics as I go!

Has anyone heard from Jessica about the ghan she was going to make Kael for the Greek Games? I hope she is ok because I haven't seen her on here in a while!! Jessica, if you are out there, let us know how you are doing!!! :hug

Sandi,

I definetely appreciate the offer of help! However, I have received enough squares to complete the ghan for the family's blanket. I am still waiting to here back from Jessica (who volunteered to make Kael's blanket all on her own) about the blanket for Kael, If I don't hear back from her I will definetely need the help for 9 more squares for Kael's blanket. I will keep you posted but hold off for right now! Thank you again! :hug

I would love to send one or two squares~I need to finish a couple of projects to mail overseas first, but then I'd get right on it! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Hello everyone!

I'm just about to start bordering and assembling the squares, hopefully this weekend.

I haven't heard back from Jessica about the ghan she was going to make Kael so I think I'm just going to use squares for his too. If I get squares and we hear back from Jessica I will just forward the donated squares to Sissie's seniors!

So, that means I'm still in need of 9 squares. I figure for his blanket I will do 3 x 3 and then do a nice border so its about 40" square.

If there is still anyone out there willing to help I would greatly appreciate it!!! PM for my address anytime!! :hug:hug

Pickles

Hello everyone!

I'm just about to start bordering and assembling the squares, hopefully this weekend.

I haven't heard back from Jessica about the ghan she was going to make Kael so I think I'm just going to use squares for his too. If I get squares and we hear back from Jessica I will just forward the donated squares to Sissie's seniors!

So, that means I'm still in need of 9 squares. I figure for his blanket I will do 3 x 3 and then do a nice border so its about 40" square.

If there is still anyone out there willing to help I would greatly appreciate it!!! PM for my address anytime!! :hug:hug

Pickles

I just finished a light blue square if you'd still like it. I need your addy again though, lol! I'll try to get another one done by PO time on Monday if you're interested too!

Ann~I would definetely be interested if you would be willing to send them! I am PMing you the address right now!

And Sandi, If you are still willing to help let me know and I will PM you too!

:hug:hug:hug

I just finished a light blue square if you'd still like it. I need your addy again though, lol! I'll try to get another one done by PO time on Monday if you're interested too!

Ann~

Received your squares today! WOW that was fast!!! They are gorgeous!!! What pattern did you use for the one?

Thanks SO much for your help!!! :hug:manyheart

WOW! That was fast! I'm very glad that I could help out. As for the patterns....LOL! Well, I used the Never Ending Square and what should be Bobby's Square. I had a bit of trouble with that one, but like the way it came out anyway, so I left it. I'm glad you like it. :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!:hug

Just an update! We are slowly getting settled into our new place but work has been so busy I haven't had time for much of anything else! Kael (last I heard) is doing good and is still at home ! :yay

I still haven't heard from Jessica about the blanket she was making for the Greek games so I am going to proceed with 12" squares for Kael's blanket also. That means I need 7 more squares to complete it.

I will try to post pics in the next week or so of some of the squares bordered and joined!

Thanks for all of your help!

Hello everyone.

I have an update on baby Kael. Unfortunately its bad news.

I'm sorry to say that Baby Kael passed away in his sleep late Friday night.

He was only 5 months old and had touched so many lives! I'm just heart broken and sick about it. I can't imagine what his family is going through. I can't imagine losing my little girl.

Do me a favor. For all of you with children, let them know how much you love them! If that means giving them an extra hug before they go to school or making that long distance phone call to tell them. For those of you without children, pass that love on to your mom. Go that extra mile to let them know how much you care before its too late!

I will be completing the blanket for the family as you can imagine they still need it!!! The extra squares that were intended for Kael's own blanket will be added to the family's blanket to make it even bigger. I will be sure to include a note as to what the blanket was originally intended for and what comfort it will bring to them now.

I want to thank everyone that helped me with the comfortghan and all of the squares filled with love that were sent.

Jessica

Archived