Comfort Ghan for Baby Kael's Family

ThoseDarnPickles

A very good friend of mine that had a baby boy a month before I had my daughter Lennon, is struggling. The little boy was born April 12th and was just now released from the hospital. The problem is they are still not sure what is wrong with him. I will quote their family blog as they explain it much better than I do.

"Well it has been a long, physically and emotionally draining, ordeal. There have been so many tests done that gave absolutely no answers. There have been 2 hospitals. Many doctors, nurses, specialtists, therapists, social workers, etc. The future is still uncertain and we still have a long journey that lies ahead. There are still no real answers. No official diagnosis. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Hope for a brighter day. Kael had his surgery on monday. His feeding tube is inserted and secure. They have started the feedings through it and he is handling very well now with the nicin being done as well. He is alert and active. He has put on the pounds since he was born. We will still have a lot of follow up and different things that we will need to do with different doctors and therapists but the worst is over. Brigette and I will be spending the night at Primary Childrens Hospital this weekend so that they can monitor and make sure we are capable of caring for his special needs during the night. We also have a list of things they want to cover with us and show us. Bottom line is that the doctor said yesterday that he is doing well enough to be sent home and said he would be released in 7 to 10 days. Thank you all so much for all of your support and love, thoughts and prayers! We finally get our baby home with the family where he belongs!!!"

I REALLY want to make a comfortghan for Kael and his family (Mom, Dad, and 2 older brothers ages 2 and 3) but I know I don't have the time to complete it by myself.

I would really appreciate it if my friends here at the Ville could help me out! I am looking for 12 inch squares in Worsted Weight and any color of blue (from baby blue all the way to navy) I will be edging them and joining them in White. If you would like to edge them in white that would be great :yes otherwise I can edge them without a problem. Any help would be much appreciated! I plan on making one big blanket for the whole family to use and if I have enough squares, a blanket for Kael himself. PM with your info and I will send you my name and address! Thanks for all you do! :hug

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok everyone I have sent PMs to those requested with my address!!!! Thank you again for all of your help!!! I will post a new pic of Baby Kael as soon as I get one and will post pics of the squares as I receive them! ( I know we all like pics!) Thanks again! It means so much to me! :hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:hug

I have some blue here begging for a new home:) please send me your address.

this family will be in my prayers!

Do you know how many squares you are going to need?

Hey quick update. Baby kael is back in the hospital with another bout of Phnemonia and having seizures. His family needs the ghan more than ever now so I am kicking it into high gear if you know anyone that can help out please let them know where to find me! Thanks again for all of your help!

I just seen this thread i will send a few squares Please send me your address,I will mail it out soon as possible .I am so sorry for the family and this baby.God help them all.It is sad so many people hurt and kill there babys and those who love them have so much heart ache .I assure them of my prayers and God bless you for having this idea to do this i will send a little cap for him too .how big is he? maybe i can try to make him a little blanket too .I love to be of help .It is true all these ladies here at the ville are the best .They are so loveing and helpful .I am so proud to know you all.Theresa:hug

Archived