Snowflake

Carla J

I have a snowflake pattern I designed. I hope you like it!

Snowflake by Carla Job

(American Stitches)

th_1216489344.jpg

This snowflake hasn't been blocked yet!

(Clickable Picture)

Materials used:

Darice 100% Polyester String (just about the same size as J & P Coats cotton Knit-Cro-Sheen or size 10 bedspread cotton) Susan Bates 4 (1.75 mm) hook.

Size before blocking:

2 3/8 “

Stitches used:

Chain = ch, slip stitch = sl or join, single crochet = sc, and double crochet = dc.

Beginning shell = beg shell = ch 3, dc, ch 3, 2 dc in ch space

Shell = 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc in ch space

Round 1: Ch 6 and join. Ch 1, sc, ch 3, *(sc, ch 3) repeat * 9 more times. Ch 3 and join into first sc. (12-ch 3 spaces)

Round 2: Sl into ch space. Beg shell. *(Sc in next ch space. shell in next ch space.) Repeat * 4 more times. Sc in next space and join in top of first ch 3. (6-shells and 6-sc)

Round 3: Sl to ch space, ch 1, *(Sc, ch 3, sc, ch 5, sc, ch 10, sc, ch 5, sc, ch 3, sc in next space. Sl in sc.) Repeat * 5 more times. Sc, ch 3, sc, ch 5, sc, ch 10, sc, ch 5, sc, ch 3, sc in next space. Sl in sc and join to first sc. Fasten off. (12-ch 3 spaces, 12-ch 5 spaces, and 6-ch 10 spaces)

:DThank you all for your kind words. Nancy thanks for checking the pattern as a tester. I prefer the six pointer snowflakes myself. (Granny Square, just so you know I have crocheted a row and half more on that doiliy CAL:lol)

This is one of the sweetest little snowflakes I've ever seen. I whipped one up, too, and I just love it--so easy and quick, you could make a dozen in an evening and still have time to block them. Thanks for the pattern, Carla. It was a little confusing to me, but I got the idea and it wasn't a problem. I'm going to make a graph for my own future reference.

Well done!

Thank you all for your kind comments. Yes, they do make up fast.

I am so sorry the pattern was confusing for you Karen. I like the look of picots, but they don't look good when I make them. So I did this pattern with 'faux picots'. I wish this site did have charting. This would chart up fast and easy.

:think Since this is a small pattern, I'll try to think up some way to chart using the characters on the key board. It may take me a few days to make it look right. I'll provide a key with it too. Thanks for the idea Karen!

Edit: Okay it didn't take me a few days, just about 2 hours.:lol

o = chain

x = single crochet

T= Double crochet

V= the stitches above this go into this chain space

. = are not part of the pattern, are used just to the chart lined up

........................ {oo

.................{....{o oo o

Round 3 ......{o oo oo oo o

...........{..{xooxooxooxooxoox

...........................V

Round 2...........TToooTT

Round 1 ............xooox

3 of the ch 6........ooo

This is ½ of the center and only one of the 6 points of the 'flake. (Sorry, :( it looked better in word doc as it did the superscript and subscript to have the symbols closer together.)

• 2 years later...

Archived