Pattern tester wanted

Hi Gals and Guys

I'm looking for a couple of pattern testers for my fulled cellphone cozie. It's such a quick and easy project you could crochet during lunch and full it after work. Thanks for your interest.

Crocheted Monkey:cheer

Do you have a picture so we can see what we might be doing, if we choose to do so?

File00043%2ejpg?_lang=EN&hm___tg=http%3a%2f%2f64%2e4%2e61%2e250%2fcgi%2dbin%2fgetmsg%2fFile00043%252ejpg&hm___qs=curmbox%3d00000000%252d0000%252d0000%252d0000%252d000000000005%26a%3d1a538257ff2a2415808830c3d04ffde0%26msg%3d18C84842%2d228C%2d45D4%2d816F%2d3E4CA0876101%26start%3d0%26len%3d50956%26mimepart%3d5%26disk%3d10%2e1%2e106%2e202_d1363%26login%3dcrocheted_monkey%26domain%3dhotmail%252ecom%26_lang%3dEN%26country%3dCA&hm___cacheh=1&file=File00043%2ejpg&domain=hotmail.com

Sorry about the bad pic, I used my roommates cell phone. All it is, is a slip cover for a cell phone. It was still drying so my phone isn't in it. Anyone interested? Email, PM, or leave a message here.

I'll test it for you! I have plenty of wool to felt and I really have been planning on making a new cell pouch anyways! So I'll be killing two birds with one stone. (Ever think about how cruel that expression is! I never noticed it before & I think I use it often.)

Thanks Deneen, Kimberly, Cheryl and Kari for responding. Once I here back from you guys I will release the pattern here (with any needed changes) here from everyone to use.

OK...I'm felting now. I have added a strap and a drawstring to the original pattern as there was no way to carry it or to secure the phone inside the pouch. I've PM's CrochetedMonkey with the instructions so she can add them if she wants. I also increased the height of the pouch prior to felting because of the shrinkage factor. I'll post a picture as soon as it's done felting & dry. Other than that, it was a super easy pattern.

i agree that it needs to be higher. I have two in the washer now. I am trying to figure out a way to attach a clip on it so that I can clip it on my bet. I made two out of two different types of wool. Both are in the washer now. It is a super easy pattern so far and I was able to do one while my kids ate lunch and the other while they were swimming. :hook

OK...I'm felting now. I have added a strap and a drawstring to the original pattern as there was no way to carry it or to secure the phone inside the pouch. I've PM's CrochetedMonkey with the instructions so she can add them if she wants. I also increased the height of the pouch prior to felting because of the shrinkage factor. I'll post a picture as soon as it's done felting & dry. Other than that, it was a super easy pattern.

i agree that it needs to be higher. I have two in the washer now. I am trying to figure out a way to attach a clip on it so that I can clip it on my bet. I made two out of two different types of wool. Both are in the washer now. It is a super easy pattern so far and I was able to do one while my kids ate lunch and the other while they were swimming. :hook

I'm going to attach a hook to the strap I put on or it can be looped thru a belt.

I just put it in the washer the 2nd time. It's almost the right size but I want it just a bit smaller but it's looking REALLY cute!!!

I finished mine also. My phone is small enough, so I only added a few more extra rows to the top. I added a toggle thingy so I can add a button to it later to keep the phone inside. It's on it's second go round in the wash and I'll post pics once it's dry.

OOOHHH a toggle thingy would have been perfect!! And I have some awesome buttons....guess I'll have to make another to put the button on! OOPS...just realized my washer stopped.....gotta check out my cozy.

I think we might be on the same wavelength here. Not sure what you mean by a toggle, but I pulled out an old well...toggle...more like a small version of a repeller's clip and planned to use that. I also have a magnetic snap closure that I was going to try to make it stay closed.

I finished mine also. My phone is small enough, so I only added a few more extra rows to the top. I added a toggle thingy so I can add a button to it later to keep the phone inside. It's on it's second go round in the wash and I'll post pics once it's dry.

Well, if Deneen means the same as me....just crochet about 7-10 stitches to make a loop so a button can be inserted for closure...that's what I was meaning.

Well, guess what!?! Someone should have told me NOT to put the drawstring thru before I felted it. The drawstring won't budge! :rofl But it's OK 'cuz now I can just flip the drawstrings to the other side, knot the ties and add a button!!! I cannot wait to take a picture and show you all. It it too cute! I will definately use this over my leather case. Now to make a regular size bag to match!!! Don't tell anybody, but this was my first felt project and it turned out way better than I had expected!!! :manyheart

Cheryl,

I never thought to mention it. I usually full my thing up and then use a knitting needle (see, I knew they were good for something) to punch the holes in the fabric. They don't fray or anything.

If you go to my "design" blog, there's a bucket bag I did that way.

Now ya tell me, Deneen!!!! I posted pictures of the cellphone cozy I made for CrochetedMonkey in Show & Tell! Thank you, CrochetedMonkey, for letting me test this. It was super easy & I really love my new cellphone cozy!

I have offically put together the pattern for everyone to try. Thanks to Deneen, Kimberly, Cheryl and Kari for testing it for me. So with out further ado, here's the link to the pattern on my pattern blog http://crochetedmonkeypatterns.blogspot.com/2005/06/fulled-cellphone-caddy.html

Thank you for taking your time to make this (or even to think about making it)

Archived