Another one of my old pattern

fridgies.jpg

Worsted Weight yarn (I used Red Heart Fiesta for the sample described below

and pictured on the upper right)

4.50 mm hook (G)

2 inch mirror, round

ribbon, small flower (optional)

Do not turn!

Rnd 1: Chain 6, sl st to form ring, ch 1, 11 sc into ring, sl st to beginning chain 1 (12sc) (RIGHT SIDE)

Rnd 2: Chain 3, dc in same space, 2 dc in each sc around, sl st to back loop of beginning chain 3 (24sc)

Rnd 3: (work in backloops this round only, the remaining loop will be worked into in round 5.) ch 1, sc in same space as joining, (ch 3, sk next stitch, sc in next) around, sl st to both loops of first sc (12 ch 3 loops)

Rnd 4: (work in both loops) sl st to next chain, sl st into chain-3 loop, ch 1 (sc into loops, ch 3, sl st into 3rd chain from hook, sc into same ch 3 loops, ch 3) around, sl st to first sc, fasten off.

Rnd 5: (Worked into free loops from round three) Hold Piece right side up, attach yarn with sl st to any free loop of round 3 (crochet around the circle, not from the inside, meaning you crochet into the loops closer to you, not the ones further away) ch 1, sc in each loop around, sl st to first sc (24 sc)

Rnd 6: (pull up a loop in next two sts, pull through all three loops on hook - - sc decrease made). Work sc decrease, when halfway around insert mirror into opening , work sc decrease around, finish off. (12 sc decrease)

Weave Ribbon around mirror or decorate with a little flower - however you like it. Glue Magnet on back. (I used 3 small round magnets due to the weight).

This pattern is great as you can get as inventive as you like. I recommend to stick to round 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. Round 4 can get worked any way you like. I did it with shells or picots in every other stitch and even one round picots under one round chains - be creative!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived