rainbow ripple baby blanket

curell5

2680832538_4fd42a550b_m.jpg

Here is a blanket that I am working on for a girl that works for my dh. I'm half-way finished. I am going to go in reverse for the second half of the blanket so that both ends are pink. Anyhow, I was really excited to do this blanket and am thrilled with how it is turning out. I want to make a newborn hat to go with the blanket, but what do you think about making the hat in the same rainbow pattern? Do you think it would look as nice on a smaller scale? I just can't picture it. I may do a small swatch to see how it would look. If I don't make it a rainbow pattern, I'll probably make it pink and purple. Any thoughts from you guys?

There you go! I've got the pic in this time. I can't figure out how to post a pic without going thru flickr. I was just trying to cut out a few steps and get the pic straight from the pic folder to crochetville. Any suggestions!? Do you have to go thru flickr?

Beautiful :yay

What yarn / colors did you use? My soon to be 4 year old daughter, would LOVE ablanket like that! How did you get the colors to blend / fade? Did you use multiple strands and alternate them as you went along?

Thanks!

Kris

Beautiful :yay

What yarn / colors did you use? My soon to be 4 year old daughter, would LOVE ablanket like that! How did you get the colors to blend / fade? Did you use multiple strands and alternate them as you went along?

Thanks!

Kris

I was wondering the same thing!!! :)

There you go! I've got the pic in this time. I can't figure out how to post a pic without going thru flickr. I was just trying to cut out a few steps and get the pic straight from the pic folder to crochetville. Any suggestions!? Do you have to go thru flickr?

flickr doesn't use the same type of code as photobucket. But if you have firefox you can get an add on to add the BBC/IMG code to post your pics for flickr. I prefer flickr over photobucket myself.

flickr doesn't use the same type of code as photobucket. But if you have firefox you can get an add on to add the BBC/IMG code to post your pics for flickr. I prefer flickr over photobucket myself.

Holy Cow!! That is like a new language to me!!:think

Thank you for all the compliments!!

To answer the blanket questions... I used two strands throughout. I started with 2 pink, then 1 pink and 1 peach, then 2 peach, then 1 peach and 1 yellow, etc... I did 2 rows of dc for each color section. You could also do 4 rows of each color, then you wouldn't go back through the colors the second time.

I used Bernat Super Value since I didn't really know how this was going to turn out. (I didn't want to spend a lot of money on yarn for it to not work out nicely.) It's not super soft like I like blankets to be, but I'm hoping it will soften after I wash it. Does anyone know how this yarn washes - I've never used it.

I tried several different ways to make the hat and wasn't happy with the rainbow method. Pooh! I ended up making it pink with a row of yellow then a purple scallop. I should have the blanket finished today, so I'll post another pic of the completed blanket with the hat!

Holy Cow!! That is like a new language to me!!:think

that is how i felt as well. :lol but if you have any questions or want links to that shoot me a PM. i'm not the most knowledgeable person about firefox ( which is an internet browser like internet explorer) but I learned a few tricks.

Well, the blanket did not get worked on at all today. Boo. My kids kept me hoppin' all day. Tomorrow and Wednesday I work, so my next good chance at finishing it will be Thursday.

I did decide to give the hat another try. I think I will just do half the colors, but still the same technique. Maybe the pink, peach, and yellow. I'm off to make yet another hat for this blanket!

Archived