Needing 12" Squares for 'Ghans for People Who Lost Homes to Wild Fire

CroJulee

In the next week in a half our 2 weeks. I'm sure they will need help for a while and it will take some time to get all the 'ghans finished.

Thanks so much Kathy!!

Julee

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many opinions on comfortghans. I've done 3x4 = 12 squares and I've also done 4x5 = 20 squares. I think it is a personal opinion. This is my thought! :)

Send me your address in a PM and I'm make an afghan for your cause! It will probably be the 3x4 size. :lol 12 squares are alot easier for me to do! :)

Take Care

Julee I am going to do squares for you durring the square a long this month. Can you please send me your addy. Then I can get then ready to mail on Monday!!

Cool, Thanks Dorothy!! So very appreciated!! Just pm'd you my addy.

I'll try but I am not promising. If I do get some made I'll pm you for your addy.

It's all good Jessica!! Just what ever you can do.

Julee

Julee,

I have two or three 12" squares that didn't match up with a group of 12 I am working on for stargazingirly, so I would be glad to send them to you. I hope you aren't getting swamped.

Now I will PM you for your addy.

-Marzee

I think I could figure out a way to mix 6" and 8" into an afghan with 12 inchers!!

It would look really neat!! Sure, 6" and 8" is cool too.

Julee

Hey Julee I will so be helping you in this:cheer:cheer

as far as these squares the 6" you can whip stitch 4 of them together to make a 12" square:) not sure on the 8" unless you just use them to make a lapghan with nothing but the 8" squares.

as for the sizes are you thinking the Lapghan size is what you want? that would be 36 X 48 plus a border which would be 3 X 4 12" squares. now the comforghan would be 48 X 60 and that would be 20 12" squares. the choice would really be up to you:)

so 11 lapghan @ 12 squares per 1 will be 132 squares needed NO SWEAT:lol

I will post this over at my Yahoo swappin group and see if I can get a few squares from there for you also:manyheart

send me you address please

Julee,

I have two or three 12" squares that didn't match up with a group of 12 I am working on for stargazingirly, so I would be glad to send them to you. I hope you aren't getting swamped.

Now I will PM you for your addy.

-Marzee

Thanks so much Marzee!! They will be so appreciated!! Just pm'd you my addy!!

Hey Julee I will so be helping you in this:cheer:cheer

as far as these squares the 6" you can whip stitch 4 of them together to make a 12" square:) not sure on the 8" unless you just use them to make a lapghan with nothing but the 8" squares.

as for the sizes are you thinking the Lapghan size is what you want? that would be 36 X 48 plus a border which would be 3 X 4 12" squares. now the comforghan would be 48 X 60 and that would be 20 12" squares. the choice would really be up to you:)

so 11 lapghan @ 12 squares per 1 will be 132 squares needed NO SWEAT:lol

I will post this over at my Yahoo swappin group and see if I can get a few squares from there for you also:manyheart

send me you address please

Hi Sissie,

Thanks for offering to help and thanks for the suggestions.

I think that I'll be going with the 48 X 60 size. That does seem like a comforting size. Like big comforting arms wrapping around ones shoulders and the texture like a voice saying "It'll be all right".

Thanks for asking for squares from your swappin' group too. You're welcome to give my address to those wanting to send a square or two.

pm'ing you right now with the addy.

Julee

Lots of tea. No coffie though. Kinda gives me a stomach ache. But mountain dew works just fine. Maybe some good movies too. Hmm, I'm gonna need a workshop of sorts.

Yeehaw

Julee

Julee I am going to do squares for you durring the square a long this month. Can you please send me your addy. Then I can get then ready to mail on Monday!!

I will join in this weekend while I am away with DH to do as many squares as I can for you. I will let you know how I did on Sunday night or Monday the latest. Send me you addy please. Thanks

I will join in this weekend while I am away with DH to do as many squares as I can for you. I will let you know how I did on Sunday night or Monday the latest. Send me you addy please. Thanks

Thanks so much Kathy!! Just pm'd you. When I first asked for squares I thought it'd be near impossible to get all the squares needed but now I'm thinking it is possible.

We even have a few finished 'ghans coming. AMAZING!! Thanks every one!!

Julee

If anyone is also interested in sending a hat or scarf along. I will also be sending a few of those up with the 'ghans. Actually, I was going to just send them up, but I think I'll just drive up when they're all done. My car will be fixed soon and honestly I've never driven that far before (only 2 hours away).

Thanks!!

Julee

great that you decided on the comfortghan size:cheer That is a nice comforting size :manyheart so you are in need of 220 12" squares and lots of tea and mountain dews :rofl

Hope you do not have any plans in the coming weeks :))

great that you decided on the comfortghan size:cheer That is a nice comforting size :manyheart so you are in need of 220 12" squares and lots of tea and mountain dews :rofl

Hope you do not have any plans in the coming weeks :))

Lol, No plans. Just CROCHET!! YAY!! Actually, I went through a 1 liter mountain dew last night while I was designing a new square (I'll post a pic later). Took me like 4 hours to make a 12" square but that's with ripping out several rows SEVERAL TIMES. A semi intricate design.

Actually I think I only need something like 180 squares because there are already some 'ghans promised. So that really made a large cut into the number needed.

Julee

Julee,

Just sent off the three I promised by US mail. You should get them sometime next week, or a bit later since it's parcel post.

I hope that you are able to take and post pics. It would be great to see the finished 'ghans.

Marzee

Awesome Marzee!! I definantly plan on posting pics of all the squares and 'ghans I recieve for this project!! I will also start a list of names of people I have recieved squares from in the first post.

Thanks again Marzee!! I'll let you know when they get here.

Julee

Julee, I have two 12-inch squares (one buff, one painted desert) that are yours if you want them. Let me know.

Thanks

Joyce

Great!! Thanks Debbie!! I'll be on the look out for them and I'll let you know as soon as I get them!!

Thanks

Julee

Hi all, Just updated the first post.

I recieved 3 beautiful granny squares from Virginia in Oregon today!! Thanks so much!!

I'll get pics of the squares up by the end of the day.

Thanks so much!!

Julee

Julee I sent 4 squares. Taylor didn't weave her ends right so he squares fell appart in the washer.

I'll be looking for the squares in the mail. Thanks Dorothy!! I'm sorry your daughters squares fell apart. She must be dissappointed. But for every mistake a lesson is learned.

Take care

Julee

Archived