6-12" squares from craftykitten

9-7 1/2" squares from Debi in Colorado

2-12" squares from Craziebunny

6-12" squares from crochetstepmom

1-12" square from judianne

2-12" squares from Jessicagil

3-12" squares from Segi1974

3-12" squares from Debbie T.

5-12 inch squares recieved from Kellya (thanks for the tea.)

1-12 inch square from Craziebunny (thanks!! Love the colors)

2-12 inch squares from Candice in New Jersey

1- Beautiful Afghan from cindybmw2004 (the ghans so pretty)

Update: Afghan size:12-12" squares a ghan. I'll also be putting an edging around the finished ghan.

I just called the Red Cross and they said only 11 homes were lost. But 2 barns were burned too so 13 buildings were destroyed. So we only need 11 'ghans.

Hi all, I'm really no good at asking for help (horrible at it), especially since so many people have so many other things they need help with. But I figured it was worth trying. Anyways, here's why I need 12" squares.

Last week there were some really bad fires in washington (specifically Spokane, WA) and 11 homes were lost. People lost everything they had. They are getting help from the Red Cross but I thought it'd be really cool to make some 'ghans for them. I know, 11 'ghans is a really tall order.

They wouldn't have to be big though. I was thinking a lapghan size would be easy to make (wouldn't take alot of squares) and would still be useful and good reminder that people do care no matter how far apart we all are.

Anyways, if you can help, that's great. If not, that's cool too. I'll totally understand.

Here are the specifics:

12" square (Any color, any pattern, Worsted weight yarn.)

Also, if someone would like to contribute a little money for getting the blankets there ( I don't know when I'll be going up next) it shouldn't cost much. This is also where a lapghan size would be great. Wouldn't be too heavy.

Also, a small tag connected to the square with your name and where you are from would be awesome. I think the families who recieve the squares would really have fun reading all the names and places the squares are from.

If you have any questions just let me know and I'll answer the best I can.

Thanks,

Julee

If you'd like to help just Pm me and I'll get you my addy.

As a bit of a bonus: I will email anyone who makes a square or two for the 'ghans a copy of my Winter Rose Sampler Square 12" square pattern.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Thanks so much!! I almost decided not to post asking for squares but I really want to be able to help someone in this way and show them "CROCHETERS CARE". Hmm, new slogan!!

Julee

Oh yeah, Any suggestions on size ya'll? Help would be appreciated!!

I will try to do sone for you this weekend. Does it matter what colors???

Nope, all colors are good (they probably aren't as picky as I am)!!

I'm thinking I will edge the squares in black and whip stitch them together (my fav way of joining stuff).

Thanks all!!

Julee

I think I could figure out a way to mix 6" and 8" into an afghan with 12 inchers!!

It would look really neat!! Sure, 6" and 8" is cool too.

Julee

Hi everybody,

Wow, every one has been so generous. So far there have been quite a few people who have offered to make some squares and we even have one generous viller making a complete 'ghan. The support I have recieved so far is so amazing and I'm sure the families who recieve these 'ghans will feel so blessed.

Thanks Every one!!

Julee

I made a lapghan that I have sitting around. I think its on the small side. I will post a pic and you let me know what you think and I can also send that

Oh, That's so sweet of you!! Honestly Janet, I have no idea how big to make the 'ghans. I've NEVER done anything like this so I'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants ( I think I totally butchered that phrase.).

Anyways, Thanks so much!!

Julee

I just found it and its 30" x 30"

i think its on the small side but when you having nothing, I would hope that anything would help.

Maybe someone else could tell us if that is too small to be used

I really hope that some one can give me a little advice. I'll let you know what they say. But I honestly, You're right and I'm sure it would be really appreciated especially considering the circumstances.

Julee

I just found it and its 30" x 30"

i think its on the small side but when you having nothing, I would hope that anything would help.

Maybe someone else could tell us if that is too small to be used

I think even if it is small it would be great. One or more of the homes that were lost may have a child. I would send it along. but that is just my opinion....

Archived