Pinwheel Doily

rshseaeagle

Hello to all,

I made a really pretty vintage doily from the Purple Kitty website last week and my husband LOVED it. It has a pinwheel in the center. It is the 7318 doily. I would really like to make more with the pinwheel in them, they come out so pretty.

Do any of you have any favorites with the pinwheel, I have looked on Celts and CPC and found one or two but always know that the masses here are such a wealth of knowledge that you can guide me to some more!

TIA to all!

Toni

Granny Square,

Thank you so much. :clap I never even noticed the search function on CPC :eek. What a wonderful tool. I did find several doilies that I printed to make. Will post pictures when they are done.

Thanks again,

Toni

Katchkan also has a beautiful pinwheel doily available...it's called Whirlaway and if you go to her website it's in one of her doily booklets, "A Cavalcade of Doilies", I believe.

Mimi,

Thanks so much. I absolutely love the praline pinwheel. I immediately went to e-bay and bought a copy of the book for $3.00.

Everyone here is so wonderful and helpful. I can't wait to get the book. I have so many projects I want to get started now. There is just not enough time in the day to devote to crocheting.

Thanks again,

Toni

Rascals Mom,

Thanks so much. I should have known that Katchkan would have this. I haven't been to her etsy shop to look at her books because I knew that I would want every one she has! I finally broke down and looked and as I figured, I want them all. I can't afford it right now but definately bookmarked it for the future. I have so many projects I want to do, maybe Santa will bring me some of her books.

Thanks so much to everyone, I really appreciate all your help,

Toni

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldnt believe how many years I looked for that "rose garland". I have a ripped up doily that my mom made about 50 or more years ago and I wanted to find it so badly!

Now it seems it is everywhere I look.

Its so pretty :)

Deb

Gosh, that's a good question. :think I really have no idea... At a guess, I'd say no more than a ball? I don't think they use that much.

Archived