amberghini

Camouflage Yarn

9 posts in this topic

So, I'm in pursuit of yarn that has the "camouflaged" effect when you crochet it.

I know there's Red Heart, but that yarn hates my skin, so if anyone knows of anything a bit softer, I'd be grateful for suggestions! :D

Awesome. Looks like I'll have to travel a bit to find a store other than Wal Mart. Thanks! :D

I can offer softening suggestions, if you like. I don't like RHSS when I am working with it, but after the new method I just learned, I can make most of it incredibly soft. PM me if you're interested.

Bernat has a very nice camo yarn, but limited colors.

I'm not sure what you mean by limited colors. Bernat has 11 colorways, 12 if you count their Hunter Orange which is just one color.

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=camouflage&SPP=999

I really figured I'd most likely not use any because I'm not a camo or varigated fan. However my daughter wanted a pink afghan so I made her one in the Bernat pink camo. Much nice colorway than the Red Heart version. Red Heart looks to 'muddy' or something to me.

Also the Bernat was wonderfully soft and still is. I found it at Hobby Lobby and Joanns.

I can offer softening suggestions, if you like. I don't like RHSS when I am working with it, but after the new method I just learned, I can make most of it incredibly soft. PM me if you're interested.

Why not just post it. Maybe other would like it that would be too timid (or something) to PM. ;)

I'm using Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn for the first time. I think it is very nice to work with and it and will have a hard time going back to RH. The blue camo strip is really pretty, imo, but I like varigated yarn.

Oh, my avatar is Paton's Decor, which was nice but feels a little thinner to me. They have tons of colors, so you can look there for some camo.

Edited by Sherilynn