project idea?

curell5

Question

Hi, I have about 200 yds of some wonderful dk weight bamboo yarn. I bought it to knit a lacy capelet, but can't stand the pattern. I worked about 4 inches of it and cannot go any further. Now I'm trying to come up with a crocheted project with it. It is so soft and drapes so beautifully, I really would like to make either a wrap or a shawl. I don't have the paper for it anymore, so I don't know what brand it is so I won't be able to buy anymore skeins. So I have 2 skeins and no idea of what to turn them in to! Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Hi, I have about 200 yds of some wonderful dk weight bamboo yarn. I bought it to knit a lacy capelet, but can't stand the pattern. I worked about 4 inches of it and cannot go any further. Now I'm trying to come up with a crocheted project with it. It is so soft and drapes so beautifully, I really would like to make either a wrap or a shawl. I don't have the paper for it anymore, so I don't know what brand it is so I won't be able to buy anymore skeins. So I have 2 skeins and no idea of what to turn them in to! Any ideas?

Yep did it years ago with some yummy yarn the pattern drapes great fits the shoulders and doesn't take a ton of yarn The top increases very much like a raglan top does. it is very light and airy.

hmmmmmmmmmm I can't get the link to show up here it is on the groovy crochet website and is archived.... it is just called capelet from GH 1974

Try searching Groovy Crochet and capelet 1974 and see where that leads you.

hmmmm ok the written text is copied here......... under the name of Blue Shawl don't know if I can find a pic of it yet...

Ok go here

scroll down to 1974 capelet click on that the link works and has a pic.

It calls for Bucilla multi, since it is from 1974 I don't know what the heck that is or how much etc.

I used a light worsted weight and I know I used less than 2 skeins I have been trying to find the label so I could tell you how much I used.

The pattern is simple but the looks are great because it is simple I will hunt up the pic of the one I made it is archived around there somewhere

Ok I found it without the lacey part on the bottom this is my version from a few years back...

1489133759d4b5dc79c9dj3.th.jpg(clickable)

Yep did it years ago with some yummy yarn the pattern drapes great fits the shoulders and doesn't take a ton of yarn The top increases very much like a raglan top does. it is very light and airy.

hmmmmmmmmmm I can't get the link to show up here it is on the groovy crochet website and is archived.... it is just called capelet from GH 1974

Try searching Groovy Crochet and capelet 1974 and see where that leads you.

hmmmm ok the written text is copied here......... under the name of Blue Shawl don't know if I can find a pic of it yet...

Ok go here

scroll down to 1974 capelet click on that the link works and has a pic.

It calls for Bucilla multi, since it is from 1974 I don't know what the heck that is or how much etc.

I used a light worsted weight and I know I used less than 2 skeins I have been trying to find the label so I could tell you how much I used.

The pattern is simple but the looks are great because it is simple I will hunt up the pic of the one I made it is archived around there somewhere

Ok I found it without the lacey part on the bottom this is my version from a few years back...

1489133759_d4b5dc79c9.jpg?v=0

:)That is beautiful...thanks for the info:crocheting

Archived