How much yarn do you keep on hand?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had a lot, but compared to some people here, I don't have much. I have two small skeins of white for the edge of the baby blanket and a pound of yarn I'm using for the body. Plus, I have about 4 and a half skeins that I picked up for a blanket I'm trying to make for my sister (the half is being used currently), plus the ends of three skeins from making hats and scarves for my dolls last year, the end of a skein from a scarf I made for my friend last year and about 5 balls of #10 yarn I use for lace and doll clothes.

Basically... it fills two small bins, but it's not near as much as I thought it was, not when compared to others here. *feels better about her yarn stash* :yarn

Hi, My name is Erin, and Im a Yarnaholic. Yes...I have an addiction. I have a small 3 door dresser full of yarn, one long under the bed sterilite, on heaping basket in the living room, a plastic filing tote for thread and cotton yarn, and several random bags full. Not to mention the space saver bags in storage and in my closet. I JUST got back from buying more...you'll have to see my post. Husband wanted me outta his hair so he could play his xbox star wars game so I got to go shopping HAHA! I never EVER feel bad buying yarn, it pleases me =)

ps...didnt realize I already posted to this but I have more now so its ok!!! hahaha

this is most of it

th_pictures058.jpg

the photo didn't capture the WHOLE wall and i have wim's in bags-- about 4 i think and then there are the 4 bags and two tubs of "scraps"ie single skeins and balls

is it any wonder that i am in the stash busting CAL????

im jealous...someday I will have my own space and do this with mine!!! have to keep the kitties from it though

Do I have to give you an accurate count to date? How much yarn!?? LOL Hello. My name is Lori & I'm addicted to yarn. I pet it, covet it & create treasures from it. LOL My family teases me, complains (jokingly) about the bins, bags, WIP's & generally tolerates my fiber fetish. They know if they are very good, (or not), they will be getting some of my works. Hey, it keeps me out of trouble. :devil

I have atleast a closet full of yarn..... am always looking to buy it when its on sale so I have plenty on hand when I want to start a project. I generally have 3-5 crochet or knitting projects going at once, currently they are mostly crochet:)

Oh my.. hmmmmm... I will have to take photos lol... I have 2 - 6'x2.5'x2.5 cabits filled to the brims and then another large Michael's bag stuffed - plus the skeins I am currently using for projects... I have LOTS! - NEVER can have too much yarn IMO!

My husband never knew how much yarn I had until last week when he hung these shelves up for me and realized i need about 4 more shelves to fit the rest of my stash on. These are 8' shelves and I still have 6 totes left that I have to put on the shelves! He says I have no reason to be visiting the yarn stores for a long long long time! Little does he know I bought $30 worth yesturday at Joanne's and going back tomorrow for their $1.99 sale! he he he The photo with the Teddy Bear is the yarn I bought yesturday at Joannes for $1.99 each!

th_100_1390.jpg

th_100_1388.jpg

• 1 month later...
th_yarn001.jpg

th_yarn002.jpg

th_yarn003-1.jpg

th_yarn005.jpg

clickable

:devilI have a fiber adiction!!:devil This is my family room. There is also a TV and a radio a comfy couch and a fire palce! I love my family room. My oldest daughter and some of her friends (all around 12) are learning to crochet or knit there choice. The payment for the "crochet lessons" is they must donate at least 1 thing to charity! Then of course I get to spend time with my daughter and I always know where every one is!! My little Two aren't quite old enough to learn but they sure try (4 year old twins).

wow i know how u feel i am addicted to yarn also.. wish i had a camera to show u all how much i have,.,,, My hubby and i share the family room and its every where lol. my daughter crochets some with me.

Archived