How much yarn do you keep on hand?

:clap I thought this would be interesting in how much yarn do you keep on hand? I only have the yarn to do the RR that I am doing, a skein of red and white, don't even have any left over because I just got done using them for pin cushions, butterflies, but I don't keep that much at all. I have stop crocheting like I use yrs ago, and just lately been back into it and still not like I was, trying to get rid of some of my books, going to put them on my site for sale.

So how much yarn do you all have??????

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol my coffee table is stacked up with tubs of yarn..lol and thats not all of the yarn in the loungeroom.. i think i would have in excess of 60skeins in the lounge, and at least 6WIP

and then there is my stash in the laundry cupboard.. i would be guessing i have at least 500skeins in there... seriously i have to have variety :D

th_yarn001.jpg

th_yarn002.jpg

th_yarn003-1.jpg

th_yarn005.jpg

clickable

:devilI have a fiber adiction!!:devil This is my family room. There is also a TV and a radio a comfy couch and a fire palce! I love my family room. My oldest daughter and some of her friends (all around 12) are learning to crochet or knit there choice. The payment for the "crochet lessons" is they must donate at least 1 thing to charity! Then of course I get to spend time with my daughter and I always know where every one is!! My little Two aren't quite old enough to learn but they sure try (4 year old twins).

:rofl That's a good question. :blush

lolol

I have no idea but I can tell you it's not enough. I have have a back room stuffed with yarn and other craft supplies, a small closet with shelves, boxes stuffed behind my glider chair, some stuffed under my coffee table.

I just went to look to make a 'Gator' blanket and I need more blue!!!!!

Not to mention 4 pounds of shades of brown for dad's ghan and 4 pounds of lilac for mine.

I definitely need more!:yes

:lol wow, you girls are amazing with all that yarn, more power to you LOL:lol years ago I was the same way made so many scrap afghans and gave then away, I have my sons room is mine and daughters room is the computer room. My room is where I go to relax and do my crocheting.

LOL my psychologist told me that i should consider doing something that cheers me up when im having a rotten day.. so i find a pattern i want to make and i go and get the supplies :D then i have another project ready to go..

i currently have the supplies to complete at least 8projects that i havent yet started :D

next time im getting care bear supplies

i spose i can say i have professional permission to buy more yarn :D:D:D:D

I have a hope chest filled with over 100 skeins and then I have recently bought more and then received about 20 more skeins from ROAK, so a mini store is in my bedroom. I hide the new stuff behind my chair until i can sneak it up and just add it to the rest.

Ooooh hope chest...I hadn't thought of putting yarn in my hope chest!!! TY for that idea!!!

A few months ago, I had I think 3 partial skeins. Two days ago I had two of those 3-drawer Sterilite containers full. Yesterday my DH came home with 37 more skeins of the color I'm doing his blanket in (he didn't want me to run out). I'm going to have to Space Bag those or something because I have nowhere to put them in my little house!

I have to say that I have no clue exactly how much yarn I have. That's pretty bad, isn't it? :lol I have yarn everywhere. One day I should actually count up how much I have. I have a severe fiber addiction and keep buying more.

I have more yarn than my family thinks I need, and less than I want:lol

Put it this way, if I was laid up and couldn't get out to buy yarn, I could make scarves and hats for a good 6 months without running out. Maybe longer. I might run out of specific colors or yarns I'd prefer to use, but I could still make something. I just bought more this week too..:hook

Well, let's just say my husband thought I had too much yarn then he found my "secret stash" which is a 9 drawer dresser that 8 of the drawers are packed with yarn :rofl

Dorothy - Where did you get those racks? That's just what I need!

Ooooh hope chest...I hadn't thought of putting yarn in my hope chest!!! TY for that idea!!!

A few months ago, I had I think 3 partial skeins. Two days ago I had two of those 3-drawer Sterilite containers full. Yesterday my DH came home with 37 more skeins of the color I'm doing his blanket in (he didn't want me to run out). I'm going to have to Space Bag those or something because I have nowhere to put them in my little house!

i have space bagged my fairy floss yarn.. lol 3 LARGE space bags later my fairy floss fits in my corner tv unit with plenty of space to spare :D

Misa, I got the shelves at Bed Bath and Beyond! The are $14.99 for 4 of them. I know that you can buy them online at kmart, walmart and target! But them you have to pay for shipping.

oooh i forgot... my fairy floss has more colours so of course i have to go and get the rest of the range for my comprehensive rainbow blankie i will be making

i think i will take my space bag to lincraft with me :D

Lets see.........

4 shelves of a 5 shelf book case crammed full (the bottom shelf has some of my crochet books and folders of patterns), 2 shelves in my linen closet full, 3 HUGE totes, 8 other totes in varying sizes, a toy box about 3/4 full, and one of the HUGE ziploc bags full.

I also have miscellaneous skeins in bags that I need to sort and put in the proper tote.

I was shocked to see all the yarn I had when I moved a few months ago. And yes, I continue to buy more.

Misa, I got the shelves at Bed Bath and Beyond! The are $14.99 for 4 of them. I know that you can buy them online at kmart, walmart and target! But them you have to pay for shipping.

Excellent! Thanks for the info hon :hug

Oh dear, you just had to ask! I have two full under the bed containers full of fancy and scrap yarn. A dresser full, a couple big space saver bags full. A bag and a tote full of cotton yarn for my dishcloths...hmm..oh yes, the basket full in the living room...then the few scattered bags for WIPs. It could be worse! =p

A couple of years ago, I had a very good paying job, bills caught up etc. I bought ALOT of yarn. Right now I would estimate that I have around 50-60 of the Ziploc Hefty XXL bags full of yarn. I have a room upstairs that is a 12' by 10' and it is so full that I have just a path right through the middle. My boys were getting very upset with me as I spent so much $ on my yarn. BUT.....I explained to them that there will be a day that I won't have the $ for yarn and I'm buying it for when that time comes. That time has come, as I love my new job, but it doesn't pay hardly anything and I have to drive around 70 miles per day, so I haven't bought any yarn for several months. It kills me that I can't buy some of the new colors, but I have enough for a couple of years.;)

Wow, you ladies are amazing with the yarn, I can't even think of having that much yarn,I only buy when I need it, what does you DH say about it all? My hubby doesn't say much he knows I like to crochet, he has all his scuba stuff around, I do have more books and magazines, than yarn does that count.:lol:lol

Sorting though them, getting rid of the hard cover books I barely touch them, like the Vannas have three of going up for sale soon.

Archived