More Dollar Store Deals

CroJulee

Ok, first of all YEEHAW, second of all: YES. Went shopping at walmart today and got some yarn, AND THEN went to the dollar store and they had a bunch of really good Lionbrand and Patons Yarn.

The next 3 pics are of my Dollar Store Find

3 skeins: Fun Fur tropical and 3 Skeins:Patons Cha Cha Waltz. I knit up the waltz and tropical together and it makes beautiful, Pastel-ish scarves:

scarfyarns.jpg

2 Skeins: Patons Carmen in- Violet-Wine-Ebony

4 Skeins:Patons Carmen in Camel:

carmen.jpg

2 Skiens: Pattons allure in Sapphire. 1 Skein Cha Cha in Night Club

1 Ball: Trellis in Stained Glass:

allure.jpg

This pic is my Walmart yarn (the 2 little black balls of yarn are from a different yarn store).

2 Cones Peaches And Cream Yarn in: Shaded Pastels and Shaded Denim

1 Skein: Red Heart Super Saver in Shocking Pink

4 Skeins: Peaches and Cream in Orange Sherbet,Winter Berry, Pink Lemonade, and Licorice.

2 Skeins: RY Classic Yarn in Black:

walmartyarn.jpg

Had to add that all of this yarn isn't just for me. It's also for gifts (hint: Holiday in July)

Thanks for looking ya'll!! All this yarn made me excited!!

Julee

:eek Uh-oh...I've been drooling over all that yarn and hoping I haven't shorted out my keyboard!

Way to go on the yarn hoarding! :cheer

Hmm, Not quite hoarding!!There was TONS there!! LOTS AND LOTS!! I could have spent a few hundred easily. But alas, I don't have that much money so I only spent $20.00 there.

:lol now that looks all to good! all yummy flavors too4 Skeins: Peaches and Cream in Orange Sherbet,Winter Berry, Pink Lemonade, and Licorice.(take in yarn but not in candy!:lol

I love those colors. With out fail I always buy one of those or all of those when I go to walmart.

every time i go to dollar tree or any dollar store around here there is nothing. :P Thank goodness AC Moore has had decent clearance sales so the skeins are $1.24 so I feel like I'm getting a deal at least. :lol

Oh how I love my Dollar Stores! You never know what you are going to find! What lovely treasures you found!

I love dollar stores too!! Last night I got out ALL of the yarn that I've bought from Dollar Tree over the past 6 or so months and figured I had a bout $375.00 worth of yarn and I only payed about 70 for all of it (70 skeins). I busted 4 of the skeins last night and made some fashion scarves. Definantly fashionable!!

Great deals !!! Thanks for sharing !!!
You're welcome. Thanks for looking!!

Julee

ooooo I'm so envious. I need to go visit a Dollar store soon to see if I can find some Fun Fur too. I love the peaches and creme colors too our Wal-mart does not have a very good selection especially cones white and one other variegated not sure what color it was. you had a great find! Congrats!

• 11 months later...

I found this old thread so I wouldn't have to start a new one. I just found some great yarn at my local Dollar Tree in upstate NY.

10 Moda Dea Bamboo Wool - coffee

6 Moda Dea Washable Wool - true red

4 Moda Dea Washable Wool - tangerine

They had even more of the washable wool but I was trying not to overspend and I had never used it before. I might have to go back for more though!

I was just at Dollar Tree today in NJ and they didn't have any of that- all they had was Lion Brand Incredible- so of course I picked up a few balls- who can resist yarn for $1.00?

The Dollar store by me never has anything good either as far as yarn. They usually have Lion Brand Incredible but I already have a few skeins in my stash that I dunno what to do with so I never buy any. It sounds strange saying that I saw yarn for $1.00 and didn't buy it... lol.

I was shocked today! I found 10 skeins of Moda Dea Washable Wool! 9 in a rust brown and 1 in red.

I think they will be great for a fall project - only a dollar a piece - if they had more I woulda bought it!

Dollar Tree by us usually only has fun fur stuff - nothing good!

Our Dollar Tree almost NEVER carries regular yarn as I said so an assortment of regular worsted is just amazing!

I DID get to two other Dollar Trees today and I intend tomorrow to get a pic of my STASH! - The "yarn haul" was bountiful!!!! Amazing!!!!

I found loads more Moda Dea washable wool in the rust and red and then some in maize - so my sights are set on making an afghan in the fall with "harvest colors"!

I also found some TLC for my dd who is taking up crochet again and working on a granny square afghan in blues and it is in TLC yarn.

It was a great day for discounted yarn!!!! YaY~:cheer:clap:cheer

I just returned from my local dollar store and they still had some left over yarn. The only new yarn was baby clouds. The had some nice colors so I got a blue/green mix. The yarn looks and feels like homespun. For a dollar I'll give it a try.

we don't have dollar trees out here that I know of , I am especially jealous of your autumn color finds o' lucky ones not to mention meaty sized tlc skeins.. we have 99 cent only store that has this beautiful unknown yarn from time to time the skeins are kinda puny so I keep stockpiling for a ghan...also have bouche's and lion's suede and some furs or eyelash it's hit n miss for 99 cents..

Oh MY!!! I was curious so I did a dollar tree search in my area range..and FOUND ONE apparently they opened stores in my state and there is one about 20 mins from me which opened 7 months ago<who knew>..I called and asked if they had any yarn and phone guy said yes..I didn't dare ask what kind lol..so guess who's firing up the jalopy in a few to check it out hopefully there is something good..I need a childs parental block on these crochetville yarn/shopping threads :P hellllp

lol well sadly my dollar tree was a flub on yarn but I guess it turned out okay: phone guy said yes they had yarn I go down to store and some woman had bought up the last 10 skeins as it turns out it was just eyelash type in a tropical fruits sorta shade which I really wasn't interested in so that made me feel better..well the floor girl said sorry as they knew I was coming haha..so she found 3 skeins of it that the labels had come off and sorta messy but not bad..and said here I will give you these 3 skeins for 25 cents a piece for your trouble and keep checking back so all was not lost..I just had visions of yummy yarns like you all found but I will keep checking back with them..of course I found some dog junk and other items I just couldn't live without..:O

• 2 weeks later...

Okay! Here my pix finally are of the tremendous yarn haul a couple weeks ago from my 3 area Dollar Trees I told you about in my earlier post! I think you will see why I have a Fall afghan in my future with some of the colors! ;)

A total of $52 (52 skeins) which regular priced would be over $150! :yes:cheer

Moda Dea Washable Wool, TLC Essentials, Red Heart Designer Sport :yarn

Click link below to see!:eek

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/?action=view&current=f6a497b6.pbw

Archived