Naturally Caron Spa Yarn received

rshseaeagle

Hello to all,

I just got my order of Naturally Caron Spa Yarn in soft sunshine (yellow) from Joanne.com today.

I bought this yarn site unseen for this purse: http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra/chakra_1.html which is for my MIL's christmas present.

The yarn is absolutely beautiful, it is very soft and has a really pretty soft sheen to it. The color is perfect, it is a very soft yellow. :clap:clap

I can't wait to start the project now. I'm really glad I finished my doily last night. I have a rule that I can't start a new project until I am done with one. :c9

I will post pics when it is done.

LOL,

Toni

Hey Toni,

Glad you are enjoying your yarn. I have been looking everywhere for a description of this yarn. What weight is it? Is it comparable in weight to Simply Soft? Some of the patterns look like it, others look like it's lighter. Could you help me out?

TIA

I have been eyeballing that purse as well.......I hesitate to buy more yarn and just know there is something similar in my already ever growing stash!!

I don't do a whole lot of crochet with yarn (I usually do thread crochet) so my knowledge of all the yarns out there is very limited :blush but I will try to help with a description of the Spa yarn.

On the wrapping it says it is a twelve ply cable for superior 3D stitches, shape control and softness. It also has a picture of a skein of yarn with a 3 in the middle of it and says light underneath it. The hook for a crochet hook is listed as 4mm G-6 and the guage for knitting with 4mm needles is 22 stitches by 30 rows for a 4x4 square.

The yarn is very very soft and it quite a bit thinner than a worsted weight yarn, I also have some baby yarn and it is thinner than that. I am guessing that the 3 means it is a 3 ply yarn but am not sure.

I found this on line at Joanne's for $4.00 per skein with free shipping. The pattern only calls for 2 skeins but I bought three just to be safe. It was also advertised this morning at AC Moore for $3.99 per skein. I bought mine online because the closest AC Moore is about 20 miles away and with gas prices it was to expensive to drive there and who can beat free shipping.:c9

Hope this is enough info to answer your question.

Toni

Do you think it compares to Lustersheen at all ? I am doing the Chakra in a peachy colored Lustersheen. It's going to be smaller than the one pictured on the pattern (using a "d" hook).

The pattern is neat! But I had to frog a few times because I got a bit ambitious and thought I didn't need to read some of the directions. Big mistake. LOL.

Can't wait to see yours. I will post a pic when I am done with mine.

Suzy,

I don't know how it compares as I have never used Lustersheen. My yarn knowledge is very limited. I wish I could help more. I need to finish the 8 pocket tote from the Lion Brand web site first, then am starting the Chakra. I will post pictures of both when I am done.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Toni

I just finished making Doris Chan's pineapple shawl in the cream colored Spa and it is a lovely yarn. Good drape, a bit of sheen and it really does show off the stitches. It is fairly lightweight-- it says it's a 3/DK on the label-- it sort of reminds me of Bernat's Cool Crochet. I think Lustersheen is a bit finer than this. Oh, one note, it split on me half a dozen or so times while I was working with it. Not badly, but it does snag some.

Archived