Fox's Heart of a Child

SmoothFox

I want to thank everyone who sent in the wonderful squares to make the charity afghan from my pattern.

I finally had the time today to stitch squares together. Here's a picture so far. I've still got to weave ends and put a border.

2833684109_698a603916_m.jpg

Donna :manyheart

The following wonderful people sent squares for the above charity heart afghan. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

07/16/08 Janet2 (1 baby blue square and 1 bright yellow square)

07/18/08 Patricia P (1 rose square and 1 burgundy square)

07/19/08 Cheryl D (1 light pink square)

07/21/08 Andrea W (1 bright purple and 1 rosey pink)

07/21/08 Tammy C (1 rose and dusty blue)

07/21/08 Yvette M (1 black, 1 salmon, 1 baby blue, 1 bright purple, 1 dark Green)

07/24/08 Peggy J (1 burgundy and 1 turquoise square)

07/23/08 Joyce N (1 baby pink and 1 country blue)

07/28/08 Luv2Crochet aka Lindsay R (1 yellow and varigated square)

08/01/08 Priszm aka Val (1 dark red and 1 light purple)

08/01/08 Cheri M from Modesto, CA (1 medium purple).

08/01/08 Adrian S from PA (1 mint green, 1 electric blue, 1 pale pink, 1 pale yellow)

08/04/08 Debi B - Thornton, CO (1 rose and off white)

08/04/08 Debie W - Portland, ME (1 bright orange, 1 pale yellow, 1 electric blue)

08/04/08 Wendy W, Pottstown, PA (1 red, 1 bright green)

08/04/08 Danys, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (1 red/yellow, 1 red/yellow)

08/05/08 Karen D, Southington, CT (1 bing cherry and 1 turquoise)

08/08/08 Lorri V, East Syracruse, NY (1 bright orange and varigated blue and purple)

08/08/08 Fran B, Norfolk, VA (1 blue purple varigated)

08/08/08 Shirley A, Greensboro, GA ((2 dark green, 2 light pink, 1 light yellow)

08/12/08 Anne B, Ontario, Canada (1 bing cherry)

08/18/08 Shelby H, Millerdstown, PA (1 purple, 1 blue)

08/18/08 Sheri H, Carson, CA (1 pink/burgundy)

08/21/08 MLJ of White Haven PA, (1 bright green)

08/29/08 Amdm, Calcutta, India (1 bright pink)

09/05/08 MyBlueAngels, Witchita, KS (1 light pink, 1 light purple, 1 light blue)

Donna

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do I do! And I might even be able to have that done for you tomorrow night! I'll PM you! And since this one is so cute, where's the other one which I'm sure is just as cute?!

That's really pretty. I love that it's actually square. I know how difficult it can be to create an odd shaped center and square the square. Great job.

I've found that when testing it's good to have an advanced beginner try out the pattern also. The problem you can run into only have experienced crocheters test is that some things that make sense or can easily be figured out by someone with experience isn't so simple to a beginner.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next! I really enjoy your work.

I am open to everyone wanting to test the square. I was just going to open it up after the revisions or corrections were made for everyone to enjoy it.

But for now.... anyone... newbie or advanced... email me at SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com for the pattern instructions and if you can find something to fix in the pattern.......... I'm open for suggestions.

Donna

I would love to test this!!

That's really pretty. I love that it's actually square. I know how difficult it can be to create an odd shaped center and square the square. Great job.

I've found that when testing it's good to have an advanced beginner try out the pattern also. The problem you can run into only have experienced crocheters test is that some things that make sense or can easily be figured out by someone with experience isn't so simple to a beginner.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next! I really enjoy your work.

Sent you an email!

Very glad you are accepting testers of all abilities!!! I have never had the chance to test before and would love to try!!!

Anne

Donna wanted me to post a picture of the heart square here too as I have already posted a photo in the show and tell section as she requested:) It was great being able to do this as it is my first as a pattern tester, which I am looking to do more:) I would especially be interested in doing some doilies for those seeking testers, just FYI so you can keep me in mind:)

Thanks again Donna for letting me in on the testing of this cute square!

So here it is.

P7105885-1.jpg

Yvette

I love the square and so far the feedback has been very positive.

Thanks for the pictures!! I love it.

Donna

What a great square. This would be great for so many occasions. Great design job!!!!

I was just wondering what will happen to the square once it is done testing... you will be selling the pattern somewhere or have it as a freebie or sth? :)

Other designs I have will be free and put out some place on the web for all to enjoy.

This one is one of my favorites and will most likely be submitted for publication.

I received an email that said I should open an Etsy store and as I'm not really computer smart, I'm not sure how I would even go about that.

So right now, I'm not sure what I will do but will make my mind up shortly.

What do you think?

Donna

I was just wondering what will happen to the square once it is done testing... you will be selling the pattern somewhere or have it as a freebie or sth? :)

Donna,

I just finished testing and sent you an e-mail.

I love the Square.....

I will work up a couple to send to you after I buy some WHITE. I was all out .....imagine that!

Picture coming after I figure out why my camera won't upload to the computer. :think

I really really really want to make an afghan for my Neice who is turning 14 in a couple of months in Pink and Brown (her favorite colors).

Archived