renegade

Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread

I picked up a ball the other day from our walmart purely because I loved the way if felt. It doesn't say doily to me, it says apparel. For me. :hook I dunno if I'll ever do it, but I'm glad to have the ball. I keep picking it up and petting it. :lol

My mom and her cats came to visit me on monday and they love the yarn! or thread. But the one they just about refused to give up was the bamboo thread. There is nothing like coming into a room and seeing four cats rolled up in thread and yarn.

Dreamer:eek

Elle, that is a GREAT price! Thanks Gran for sharing that link with my doily.

I've also made this heart box, which I finally blocked this week. I've also dyed some of the leftovers (with dylon brand dye, tye dye would also work), and it took the dye super-well.

I love this stuff, and I hope it sticks around for AGES.

BTW, I've seen it here at Hobby Lobby and at Walmart, both close to $3/ball.

I so want to try this but haven't found it anywhere near me yet. Guess I will have t get some online.

I have some snowflakes made with the bamboo soaking in stiffy right now. Will let ya'll know how it turns out.

I had a little trouble with the bamboo splitting a few times.. so in the future, I won't use it for patterns that I'm not sure of or ones that I'm tweaking.. the splitting mainly occurred when I had to frog back and redo more than once.

I found mine at our local Wallies.

I have a couple of Delsie Rhoades Christening Gown patterns that I bought off ebay last year...If I EVER have the $ all at once (and no line of WIPS) I want to use this bamboo thread to make that gown. That would be just heavenly. 'Course I can't build up to it, one ball at a time, b/c there's dye-lot issues. :D

Snowflake made with Aunt Lydia's Bamboo and stiffened with "stiffy".

It's not perfect.. but I don't think it looks too bad. I have a few more, but they used more thread and are still not quite dry.

th_SnowflakeDesign1.jpg

very pretty! Thanks for sharing, it turned out nicely.