Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread

renegade

I picked up a ball the other day from our walmart purely because I loved the way if felt. It doesn't say doily to me, it says apparel. For me. :hook I dunno if I'll ever do it, but I'm glad to have the ball. I keep picking it up and petting it. :lol

Elle, that is a GREAT price! Thanks Gran for sharing that link with my doily.

I've also made this heart box, which I finally blocked this week. I've also dyed some of the leftovers (with dylon brand dye, tye dye would also work), and it took the dye super-well.

I love this stuff, and I hope it sticks around for AGES.

BTW, I've seen it here at Hobby Lobby and at Walmart, both close to $3/ball.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some snowflakes made with the bamboo soaking in stiffy right now. Will let ya'll know how it turns out.

I had a little trouble with the bamboo splitting a few times.. so in the future, I won't use it for patterns that I'm not sure of or ones that I'm tweaking.. the splitting mainly occurred when I had to frog back and redo more than once.

I found mine at our local Wallies.

I have a couple of Delsie Rhoades Christening Gown patterns that I bought off ebay last year...If I EVER have the $ all at once (and no line of WIPS) I want to use this bamboo thread to make that gown. That would be just heavenly. 'Course I can't build up to it, one ball at a time, b/c there's dye-lot issues. :D

Snowflake made with Aunt Lydia's Bamboo and stiffened with "stiffy".

It's not perfect.. but I don't think it looks too bad. I have a few more, but they used more thread and are still not quite dry.

th_SnowflakeDesign1.jpg

Archived