Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread

renegade

I picked up a couple balls of Aunt Lydia's bamboo thread yesterday because it just felt so wonderful! Has anyone here used it? Do you block it like cotton? I'm just curious what the experience will be (since the bamboo yarn I've used is usually somewhat splitty but so worth the effort).

Hmmm, where did you find this thread? I'd love to see it!

-----------

I found it at one of the Hobby Lobby stores that I hit up yesterday (but not at the other one). I think it must still be a pretty new product. I bought 3 balls of it and each ball has 300 yards. It is incredibly soft, so I can't wait to work with it!

Hmm that sounds interesting.. I didn't know that was even around.. must be something new??

---------

I think so, I'd never seen it before.

So, I'm willing to be the guinea pig and give the thread a go and report back to everyone what I thought of it. It was so soft, I can't wait really to get my hands on it!

mmm, now I want to know if my HL has it...good thing the kids are home and the drive is just far enough to make me have to wait till I have other errands out that way! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you find it? I have been looking for it!

-----------

Monique, the only place I've seen it is at Hobby Lobby, and not all the stores seem to have it, or to have much of it in stock. I think it must just be a really new product...

Thank you.. I wish I had a HL around here.. Have to drive over an hour to get to one!!

-----------

Monique, the only place I've seen it is at Hobby Lobby, and not all the stores seem to have it, or to have much of it in stock. I think it must just be a really new product...

A friend of mine was at HL last week and found some on clearance. She called me and wanted to know if I wanted it and I said absolutely. I haven't tried it yet since I left for Florida the next day, but can't wait to try it.

I found it at our HL just the other day. I went in there for yarn to finish a baby afghan & promised myself not to buy anything else (yeah, right!)...but it's definitely on my list of things to go back for when I have time to develop another thread project.

• 3 months later...
-----------

I found it at one of the Hobby Lobby stores that I hit up yesterday (but not at the other one). I think it must still be a pretty new product. I bought 3 balls of it and each ball has 300 yards. It is incredibly soft, so I can't wait to work with it!

I was surfing around last night and I went to the Knitting Warehouse site, and they have the Aunt Lydia's bamboo thread there for what I think is a VERY reasonable price ($2.65 per ball), but nowhere in the description did it say how many yards were on the ball, so I was thrilled to find your post about it having 300 yards! Now I'm going to have to go order some! :lol

I haven't seen it or used it yet, but I have some socks by Nononsense that have 6% bamboo fiber in them and they are very comfortable. They are the only socks I buy now.

Beverly

I am absolutely loving it. I am working on a project with it, and it is very soft, and the stitch definition is akin to thread. I also tested gauges... Using the same stitch, to get same gauge, I had to move 1 hook size (with the bamboo thread, with DMC Traditions). So I am very happy with that, that projects worked with thread, using bamboo and getting gauge should not be too difficult (of course depending on tension and thickness of the size 10 for each individual).

I wish they had more colors! Maybe they will come out with more? I keep thinking little tanks for my toddler daughter in the summer, little bamboo sunhats.. Just need more colors :)

Archived