Things made from 2-liter plastic bottles?

gail0483

Question

Hi all! A little girl came to see her great-grandma today at the nursing home and I noticed she had a crocheted pocket book. She was so tickled about it because her other grandma had made it for her and it was made out of a 2-liter bottle. Does anyone know of such a pattern? What else can be made of them and smaller bottles? I am so interested in this since I love pepsi and kool-aid made with ginger ale then I have the bottles left to dispose of, why not make something out of them too. Thanks everyone!

6 answers to this question

http://www.******/crochet/baspur.html

Here's a link I marked to work up one day. No photos but it matches a description of a dish soap bottle doll bassinet purse my grandmother made for me when I was little (early 70's). Does anyone remember those?

I'll bet you could use another kind of bottle but the dish soap bottle is oval so it looks a little more like a bassinet.

If I finally get around to that part of my projects to do list, I'll post a photo.

http://www.******/crochet/baspur.html

Here's a link I marked to work up one day. No photos but it matches a description of a dish soap bottle doll bassinet purse my grandmother made for me when I was little (early 70's). Does anyone remember those?

I'll bet you could use another kind of bottle but the dish soap bottle is oval so it looks a little more like a bassinet.

If I finally get around to that part of my projects to do list, I'll post a photo.

:cheerI have that pattern too was thinking about trying it with a bottom of a pop bottle but of course it would turn out bigger! more room to hold more dolly clothes:lol

Wow that purse is so pretty. These are great ideas. While looking at the purse pattern I thought that I need more room than one bottle so I think I will tie two together somehow and make it a long barrel type purse. Someone sent me a message saying that you can use two 2-liter bottles put together, then stuff the inside with old t-shirts then put batting around the outside to cushion and make soft for your neck. From there make a neck roll pillow. The plastic bottles shape it perfectly and holds together when you wash them. That is a great idea too! Thanks everyone and I'll keep a check here to see how many more ideas come up in our creative minds.

Archived