Joyous Squares CAL - Anyone interested?

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL2108_patt2.html

IMO it's one of the most amazing patterns I've ever seen! It just looks incredible! I already know I want to make this and have this on my list as a Christmas present. I am not sure what colors I will use but I am pretty sure it'll all be done in Caron's Simply Soft. It looks a little advanced although I haven't delved too far into the pattern yet...

Anyone else brave enough to join me????

I might do this, but with colors that are less.... well just less!!! My first reaction was nice design, OMG colors!!!

Mine will probably also be in simply soft, although I have to see if I have stash I can use. Most of my stash is super bright though! I will let you know if I can find stash that works!

I got all the way to row 11, I sc'd all around but I don't get what they are talking about row 9, as there are no sc in row 9 right?? I also think my ch 35s are too long but I should be able to do something about that.

Here is a couple pictures of this square, its complex and took a while to make, mostly reading and rereading. The colors aren't captured very well, they are simply soft rubine red, raspberry, watermelon, and off white.

th_joyousandgrad005.jpg

th_joyousandgrad003.jpg

I got all the way to row 11, I sc'd all around but I don't get what they are talking about row 9, as there are no sc in row 9 right?? I also think my ch 35s are too long but I should be able to do something about that.

Here is a couple pictures of this square, its complex and took a while to make, mostly reading and rereading. The colors aren't captured very well, they are simply soft rubine red, raspberry, watermelon, and off white.

th_joyousandgrad005.jpg

th_joyousandgrad003.jpg

WOW! How long did it take you to do each square? They definately look labor intense!!! I thought the same thing when I saw their version. I wasn't crazy about their colors. I like your colors but I think I want maybe a blue in there for mine somewhere. Not sure yet. I really think it's going to be about picking the right colors you know? I am going to try and sneak a few skeins of yarn in today when I go to town just to work up a few squares, not enough for the whole ghan and see if I like the color combinations...

I haven't worked a square myself yet but it looks like there's an error in the pattern??? I think it's supposed to be "DC in round 9" as you're right, there aren't any SC's in Round 9.

Good luck!!!! I hope to join you in starting later this weekend!!!!

th_joyousandgrad005.jpg

th_joyousandgrad003.jpg

Very pretty! Love your colors much better. I see someone plays D&D :D

Hehe I wonder if someone would comment on the D&D books, I noticed after I took the picture and was too tired to crop etc. My hubby is the gamer, but I play. I say I am not a gamer, but I have been known to say "geeze I just botched walking up stairs and thats a diceless action", or "my dex mod is at -2 today" etc. But not a gamer...nope.

The last row still doesn't make sense to me even with that typo. I am going to start doing middles today. One took me well about 930 to midnight according to my posts. But a lot of that is figuring the pattern. My colors were the best I could get my stash to go together, I also had grape, orange, yellow, and lavender. I might have had a blueberry somewhere. But I thought these worked the best without having to buy more. Hubby said "it is really girly", which it is, but thats ok with me!

I have 16 additional middle four rows completed so far. I plan on doing a few more tonight. I have been leaving row 11 attached to my first square, but I might just cut it off and then reattach if you guys figure out what they are going for with that last row.

OMG this is TDF!!! I'm printing it off. Got 3 wips right now and promised myself I wouldn't bury myself. My doily won't take me long and neither will my purse wip. I should be able to start this soon.

BTW I love the red/pink combo much better than theirs.

I may just make mine "calico", so to speak. Just use colors from my stash and may be several different color combos within the afghan.

Am subscribing to this thread to watch for the "issue" to be resolved on row 11.

Wow...not sure how I missed this thread! The raspberry colors for the squares are beautiful! And I think doing all the same row on all the squares at once would be a great way to do this afghan without too much frustration. Not sure I'm up to trying this but I did print out the pattern! Can't wait to see the finished afghan!

Its probably a 7, mostly because there are so many "words" on the pattern lol. Doing it by rows after doing a test square makes it much easier as you only have to remember one row at a time. So the first one is a 7, the rest are maybe 5's. Mine looks not so hot because my chain tension isn't the greatest but I don't think it will matter in the grand scheme of things.

Archived