Help: Need idea for border on diagonal box stitch afghan

luvmnms

Question

I am making this afghan for my son's best friend's first baby boy due any day now, and I just don't know what border to put on this. Has anyone made an afghan using this stitch and if so what border did you use? Thanks for your help.

diagonal+box+stitch.JPG

8 answers to this question

This is one of my favorite afghan patterns. I do not put a border on it. It's fine as is. However I make tassels for each of the corners to jazz it up. Might not be appropriate for a baby though.

Since it's for a baby boy, I'd advise no border. Boys are no-frills. LOL

I just made one for a baby boy due this month and left it plain.

Hope that helps.

The only thing I can think of is take the # of sts for each box and ch 1, sk 1 st between each box. Good luck! It is a very pretty blankie.

I did 2 rows of dc around the blanket with 3 dcs in each corner. I'm glad I did because my son like to bite the edges and I've had to restitch them 3 times.

I use this pattern a lot, especially for babies because there are no holes for little fingers to poke through. I have used single crochet for the border, double crochet and something called a celestial edging. (pattern at crochet pattern central. Before doing the clestial edging I singe crochet around the blanket first. Or like everyone else said you could leave it plain...you did a wonderful job from what I can see.

Archived