(RuLe oUt): FibEr AdDiCtiOn, NOS

NoLooseEnds

Hello to all my favorite fiber people (most fiber people ARE my favorites!)

My name is Emily Dame-Gibes, aka NoLooseEnds, and I have recently begun to enterprise the overwhelming world of etsy! Someday I hope to have my own site, but for now etsy is all I can manage!

Let me explain the title of my shop, first off: during the day, I pretend to be normal and well-balanced while I do bilingual counseling as a Limited Lisence Master's Social Worker (LLMSW) at a private, not-for-profit in a fairly large city in Michigan. I work in the inner city, am pretty edgy, and have seen enough that most things don't surprise me any more! From this dawned the name of my shop: (RuLe oUt): FibEr AdDiCtiOn, NOS.

When making a diagnosis in the world of mental health, a suggestion of (RULE OUT) means that there is not enough conclusive information to support a wholistic diagnosis, but there are predominant features to suggest diagnostic traits. Being the "professional" that I am, I have mostly gathered all the information to support my self-proclaimed "fiber addiction", but mostly divulge just enough to scrape by as "normal"! I LOVE FIBER!

My etsy shop started as a way to do a little destashing and get my name out there after a heart-breaking attempt at failed publication. Now, I have filled my shop with fiber-y goodness to share my passion with others. I now have for sale my own patterns, hand-dyed yarns, hand-spun yarns, finished goods (purses, mostly; a passion!), jewelry, and other opportunities for a Eweniquely created piece, customized just for you! In addition, of course, to the original purpose of destashing.

I am a bartering creature and can be tempted by most things fiber. I also really do love to create custom requests, and am pretty adaptable. I am currently working on a fingerless glove pattern as a result of an alchemy request, and it has been really fun!

Thanks so much for checking me out! My shop can be found at www.dameemi.etsy.com and you can read a recent review of my crafting passions at www.artisticweekly.com, in the archives section, as the June crafter! (A very proud month for me, let me tell you!)

Archived