Tapestry Kitty Bag for Granddaughter

CrochetDad

I just finished this bag for my granddaughter. I can't decide if I want to give it to her now, or wait until her birthday - she'll be 2 years at the end of August - that's a looooong time for a grandpa to wait for yet another smile...and probably another hug.

2620924673_72e56e3de6_m.jpg 2621747414_fbddfa2628_m.jpg 2691598018_9584bb3b9e_m.jpg 2691598066_95ce0c8e1c_m.jpg

A couple of modifications from the original pattern:

• Added a weave of white at the top of the bag
  • The strap specified in the pattern was a wrist strap, and I opted for a shoulder strap with a stripe down the center
  • Dimensions are 7 inches by 7 inches not including the shoulder strap
  • Made with black and white Caron Simply Soft

Thanks for looking.

The original pattern is available for free from Tapestrycrochet.com

That is just adorable. Grandpa's can give presents whenever, no occasion needed. Go ahead and give it to her, you deserve a smile & hug, maybe even two!!!

Thanks for all the nice responses!

What I know about Tapestry Crochet, I learned from reading Carol Ventura's web site and mulling over the beautiful patterns available. I've even done a few hats with the technique. I also belong to a few tapestry crochet groups in other forums.

Thanks also for your advice - I will give it to her this week - and take pictures to share. :manyheart

Oh - FYI - my granddaughter loves cats and dogs.

That is a beautiful bag and sure to be loved by your granddaughter. Grandparents don't have to wait for a special occasion to give gifts, my granddaughter will also be 2 in August and I love giving her gifts "just because".

Thanks for posting about this little bag, it's darling, and the website for the pattern was *very* informative. :) I'm sure you little girl will love this, my DD would have for sure!

Archived