Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARG..G..G I don't need another project, but this one would make great gifts!!! I have a few questions though...

1. Those that have made it - what yarn did you use? Has anyone lined one? I'm

thinking it would be too "stretchy" with just WW yarn

2. Christina mentioned an alternate one - where is the pattern for it?

3. What size is the hook in English?

I would very much like to be in on this. I fell in love with the bag. You asked some of the questions that have been floating through my head.

This one site someone posted has all colors and some are lined. I think I would like it better lined. That would help it hold it's shape.

Just my 2 cents.

E1

I have this pattern...already printed it and put it somewhere for safe keeping:blush

I want to make some totes and was looking for an easy pattern. This might work. I also have lots of yarn in my stash that would be great for this...I also love the fact that it's a portable project.:)

So....ready , set...dig out the yarn!:lol

I am in :manyheart with this bag!!! I think they are going to be Christmas gifts for all the women in the family (there's alot). There have been several posted on the bags & purses show and tell and the pattern is here: http://www.stricksucht.de/anleitungen/crochetedbag.pdf

Any of you want to join me in this CAL?

Oooh I like :yes

I like the square in Inga's pattern and the Circle of Friends bags. Circle of Friends is one of my favorite squares.

Ya think this square would make a good bag? It's called Romancing the Paper Snowflake and was designed by eurolyons.

th_100_1492.jpg

(pic is clickable)

It's joined the list of my most favorite squares and you can find the pattern here on the Ville at http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79818.

OOoooohh! That would make a very pretty bag! From my understanding you can use any square you want, just join the same way as the pattern. I want to join this one, but have a few things to finish up yet!

Loopy, I think that would look great in this bag! I may steal your idea and use this pattern myself! :D

Joyce

I like the square in Inga's pattern and the Circle of Friends bags. Circle of Friends is one of my favorite squares.

Ya think this square would make a good bag? It's called Romancing the Paper Snowflake and was designed by eurolyons.

th_100_1492.jpg

(pic is clickable)

It's joined the list of my most favorite squares and you can find the pattern here on the Ville at http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79818.

th_100_1492.jpg

(pic is clickable)

That square is gorgeous! It would make a fabulous bag... think I may have to check out the pattern....

Thanks Jeannie!

th_100_1492.jpg

(pic is clickable)

I'm with everyone else. I think this square will make a very pretty bag. I want to make one for myself. I was also thinking if you use a small hook maybe a E or F and baby yarn you could make a small bag for a little girl. I want to try making one and it it turns out good I'll give it to my SIL's 2yr old dgd.

I'm with everyone else. I think this square will make a very pretty bag. I want to make one for myself. I was also thinking if you use a small hook maybe a E or F and baby yarn you could make a small bag for a little girl. I want to try making one and it it turns out good I'll give it to my SIL's 2yr old dgd.
I have some Sinfonia which is 100% cotton sport weight around here somewhere that might work nicely. Some of the ladies in Holidays in July have requested something for their daughters cause you know how kids love to get mail. Hmm...

I was wondering about the size of the bag. I took 16 of my 8" squares I have around here and just pinned them together to get an idea of how it worked and how it would look. That's a pretty big bag!

To those of you who have made the bag, what size are your squares?

I have some Sinfonia which is 100% cotton sport weight around here somewhere that might work nicely. Some of the ladies in Holidays in July have requested something for their daughters cause you know how kids love to get mail. Hmm...

I was wondering about the size of the bag. I took 16 of my 8" squares I have around here and just pinned them together to get an idea of how it worked and how it would look. That's a pretty big bag!

I think this pattern is very versatile. You can use any square pattern you want. You can control the size of the squares to control the size of the bag. If using 8" squares will make the bag too big for you, try smaller squares to get the size you want. I haven't printed out the pattern but I think I can still make it just by remembering the pattern in my head. But I too am curious what size squares and how big did the bag turn out for the ones who've made it already. It might give me an idea how I want mine to turn out. :)

Yep, that's the one I'm talking about. I don't want the squares to be a full 8" though, so I am using Sugar and Cream cotton, a G hook, and leaving off rows 8 and 9 of the square. That makes each square about 5 and 1/2". I've done 3 squares so far! :D

I'm flattered that somebody else is going to try my version! :hug

Keep in mind that I stopped after row seven and put a sc around it... It was still about 7 inches, and then I added a HDC around each strip to keep from having to tuck in all those ends.

It made a good sized bag!

:hook

I'm flattered that somebody else is going to try my version! :hug

Keep in mind that I stopped after row seven and put a sc around it... It was still about 7 inches, and then I added a HDC around each strip to keep from having to tuck in all those ends.

It made a good sized bag!

:hook

Thanks for the tips! I'm keeping my stitches tight and stopping after row 7 with a row of sc makes my square about 6 inches, which is a good size. I haven't decided yet if I'll do 12 or 16 squares. This is my "on the go" project, so its getting done randomly. I've got 4 squares done so far. :)

Tracy made a version where she left off a row or two at the end to make it smaller....

Finished mine!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Hubby liked it sooo much her gave me $ to buy yarn to make more! I only did 4 rounds for my squares and it is still a good size bag, I will take pics and post when I get home. I'm just happy I finally finished a project!

Finished mine!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Hubby liked it sooo much her gave me $ to buy yarn to make more! I only did 4 rounds for my squares and it is still a good size bag, I will take pics and post when I get home. I'm just happy I finally finished a project!

LOL he actually gave you money to make more.. that's a GREAT bag! Can't wait to see pics.

Gratz on the bag :cheer

Wow, you all are quick. I swear as SOON as I get the rest of the commissioned afghan I'm working on done, I'm going to start on this. I need to pick out my colors so I can pick a lining. Maybe I'll take this on vacation with me. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Joyce

I have been using cotton and an I hook and doing just 4 rounds and my squares are about 5 inches. Doing 16 squares. Almost finished just need to add the handle and finish weaving in the ends :eek

I definitely want to make one...I just can't decide on which yarn in my stash to use. :) I have some Patons Grace (purple, black), some Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim (green, yellow, white), and a bunch of worsted weight cotton...I will have to just pick one and get started. :)

Question to any and all.

:cheer

What size squares are you using? I have not seen the size mentioned.

This inquiring mind wants to know.

E1

I definitely want to make one...I just can't decide on which yarn in my stash to use. :) I have some Patons Grace (purple, black), some Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim (green, yellow, white), and a bunch of worsted weight cotton...I will have to just pick one and get started. :)

I bet the green, yellow, white would look pretty!

Archived