My Two New Pairs of Slipper

LeahB

So, I've been on a slipper kick recently, pun intended :)

I finished off two pairs of slippers and thought I would show them off.

The first is based off of the Fluffy Bunny Slippers from the SNB book. I did them basically as written, other than not making them into bunnies. However, since I have tiny feet, they worked out really nice for felting. So, I tossed them into the washer, and felted them down to size. After a few days for drying, I gave new life to a ruined suede jacket by re-purposing parts of the suede as bottom reinforcement for these puppies. They are incredibly soft and warm. I like to refer to them as my llama slippers since they are made from alpaca yarn. :)

th_IMG_1248.jpg th_IMG_1252.jpg

The other slippers were a much quicker process. They actually worked up in one evening. I had seen this pattern on Ravelry and decided it was cute enough that I needed it for myself. It is the Adult Mary Jane Skimmers pattern which you can get here.

th_IMG_1254.jpg th_IMG_1255.jpg

So what do you think of my slippers?

Your slipper are awesome....but i've fallen in love with your Adult Mary Jane Skimmers. Can you tell me when the pattern will be for sale in the Etsy shop? I went to the shop...but there's nothing for sale yet.

wow...she must have been putting that up when I looked! First time i went to site there was just nothing for sale...checked one more time & she's having a baby! lol Hope mother & baby do great.

I must have just gotten the pattern in time, cause I only bought the pattern two days ago, and made the Mary Janes last night. Boy, talk about timing! It great she's having a little one though. Everyone else will just have to wait til she's back :lol.

I must have just gotten the pattern in time, cause I only bought the pattern two days ago, and made the Mary Janes last night. Boy, talk about timing! It great she's having a little one though. Everyone else will just have to wait til she's back :lol.

:lol:P meanie:P:lol

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered all of her adult slopper patterns!!! I couldn't resist! Thanks for sharing! I love both of your slippers! AND I love the idea of recycling your suede jacket! Great idea!

Archived