Haekelbeutel Bag (Adaption)

happy stitcher

I love your adaptation! May I ask how much Peaches and Creme you used? I know I have some in my stash, but not sure if I have enough to make this.

I had a cone that I had made a tunisian pot-holder with, and I used what was left.

One cone should do it.

Circle of Friends is one of my favorite squares and your bags look fantastic! Great job! :cheer

Ya think this square would make a good bag: th_100_1492.jpg (pic is clickable)

This square has joined the list of my most favorite squares and you can find the pattern here on the Ville at http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79818.

Ya think this square would make a good bag: th_100_1492.jpg

(pic is clickable)

I think it would make a beautiful bag, but it would come out even bigger than mine did. My squares were about 7 inches before I put HDC around each strip. So if you want a BIG bag, this square would be a good choice!

:hook

I just noticed that you used 12 squares instead of 16. That's a great idea! I like it that it looks like a hobo bag.

I took 16 of my 8" squares I have here and pinned them together to get an idea of what it would look like and it was so big and so deep. I don't really like deep bags. Can never get to what falls to the bottom! :lol

Another square I think that would look good is Krystal16's daisy square. Go here to get the pattern: http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/. She uses these squares to make ghans for charity so she has some minor requirements to get the pattern and she asks that you send her only one square for the charity. Then you can use the pattern all you want. I think it would make a beautiful bag.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I love what you've did with your haekelbeutel bag. It's much more sophisicated with those square than regular granny squares. Fantastic!:manyheart

I just finished one with the granny sqs. I'm not crazy about doing granny sqs, so I didn't really enjoy making it. Will definitely have to try one like yours. Mine has bamboo handles instead of crocheted straps. The colors are pink camo for the squares; Lt. Raspberry and Lt. Pink. I'm getting a lot of compliments; although, it's not one of my fav purse. Will post a pic one of these days.

Hi! I love what you've did with your haekelbeutel bag. It's much more sophisicated with those square than regular granny squares. Fantastic!:manyheart

I just finished one with the granny sqs. I'm not crazy about doing granny sqs, so I didn't really enjoy making it. Will definitely have to try one like yours. Mine has bamboo handles instead of crocheted straps. The colors are pink camo for the squares; Lt. Raspberry and Lt. Pink. I'm getting a lot of compliments; although, it's not one of my fav purse. Will post a pic one of these days.

Thanks!

I'd love to see yours!

You should post a picture in the CAL thread so everybody will see!

It sounds nice! :cheer

Archived