Help Needed to design HAP afghans

StarStrong

Admin Note: The HAP project is coming to a close over the next few months. At the request of StarStrong (Deborah, the Founder and Director of HAP), all threads are being closed to help ease the transition period. Crochetville and its members are proud to have been a part of supporting this organization and helping them make and send over 9,000 afghans to armed service members.

If you are in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area and can lend a hand on July 13, 2008 ~ we can use your help!!

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project is holding an event in Kensington Maryland on July 13th.

We will be designing handmade afghans from 6”x9” rectangles donated from all over the country.

You don’t need to bring your crochet hooks ~ just you sense of color and your interest in lending a hand.

If you would like more information drop me a note at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net or drop a note here.

Hope to see you as we design handmade afghans for those serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

check out our website at: www.rectangle6x9.org

Thanks, Deborah

So do you need help sewing them together?

OH YES!!!

All the HAP afghans are joined in the same manner ~ using a single crochet to form an edging (gives a stained glass look). I have very detailed directions.

If you are interested in helping let me know at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net

I will mail ~ however, you must pay the return postage.

Thanks for asking! Deborah

OH YES!!!

All the HAP afghans are joined in the same manner ~ using a single crochet to form an edging (gives a stained glass look). I have very detailed directions.

If you are interested in helping let me know at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net

I will mail ~ however, you must pay the return postage.

Thanks for asking! Deborah

Forgot mention if someone is interested in lending a hand crocheting together a HAP afghan and is in Maryland Metro Area area we have pick-up/drop off points in:

1) Upper Marlboro, MD

2) Silver Spring, MD

3) Kensington, MD

4) College Park, MD

• 4 years later...

Admin Note: The HAP project is coming to a close over the next few months. At the request of StarStrong (Deborah, the Founder and Director of HAP), all threads are being closed to help ease the transition period. Crochetville and its members are proud to have been a part of supporting this organization and helping them make and send over 9,000 afghans to armed service members.

Archived