Need motivation for Entrelac afghan!

Amyjk

Well, here is my STILL incomplete queen sized entrelac afghan. I suppose I'm hoping all you people will motivate me into working my tail off to finally finish this! It seriously takes me a good day to do one row and my main problem is I don't like to start a row and not finish it before I put it down, but I think that is what I'll have to do to get it done. :blush

2604311095_a1c2eda397_m.jpg

sorry, the pic is NOT clicky.....I still haven't figured that out. I'm lucky I figured out how to resize the pic! LOL

Ok Amy, here is your pep talk! Repeat after me: I don't *have* to finish a row in each sitting. If I only work halfway, I am halfway finished the next time I sit down!

That being said, wow that is nice. I like blue and yellow together. Look at how close you are to being done!! Woo Hoo, Gooooooo AMY!! :cheer

Buy a twin bed

Hehe, jk

What is your motivation for making it? Is it for a certain someone? Is it for you? Why are you still making it?

Answer those and find your motivation in it.

And if all else fails join the row a day CAL for support and for the motivation of krystals bat!!!

Yup. You can do it!! Good luck. It's beautiful! Just think about how much enjoyment you'll get when it's done. Plus you won't have it hanging over your head.

It is hard to work on afghans in the summer time they get so big to work on and they keep you to warm when they are sitting on your lap. Oh wait a minute a pep talk! ok you can get it done just a little here and a little there and before you know it you will have it done to snuggle under on those cold nights of winter. :hug:yay:yes

It is so beautiful! Keep it up. Even a square a day would get it done faster than not working on it at all! It will look lovely and brighten your room so much when finished.:woo:woo:woo:dance:2rock:applause:applause:nworthy

Buy a twin bed

I snickered out loud with the above suggestion!

This is very pretty and goes PERFECTLY with your bedroom, so you must finish it! I'd love to see close-ups when it is done!

Keep working on it whenever you have time, or maybe I should say, a little every day and it WILL get done!

:cheer Go Crochet Go! :cheerYou can do it! :cheer

Amy,

One of my first posts here was similar to yours. I had been working on a difficult blanket/bedspread for my son.

One of the helpful members told me to remember Dorrie from "Finding Nemo" - she would always say "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming". That encouragement and many more helped me along. Maybe it will help you, too. And you DON'T have to finish a row each time you start one! Take your time and have fun.

It looks great so far - just keep swimming...

I understand what you mean... I always have to finish the row... or finish the motif.. before I will allow myself to put it down. But you can do it girl! Think of it in "blocks" rather than rows... :)

Amy that is gorgeous and the motivation is to get it done so I can see the end result! Just keep going one stitch at a time and you'll get there eventually

Archived