What to Do With Camo Elmore Pisgah Yarn???

hookdonU

So far I haven't liked anything I've made with this; I bought it to make kitchen items - it doesn't lend itself well. Any suggestions? I'm hitting a brick wall here and don't want to waste it.

I have made hats for all the guys in our family as well as afghans for all the guys with camo yarn; they all love them because they don't look 'feminine.' They love to wear the hats when they are outside in cold weather and wrap up in the afghans when watching TV, etc, in the house. In our family, it is a tradition, the boys get the hats when they are about 2 - and new ones as they grow. I even made a baby blanket in camo and it has been passed down among my sister's grandsons. She has 4 grandsons and the youngest is now using it - he is only 3 months old. My grandson is 7 and he has a hat and afghan.

So in our family we have lots of uses for camo yarn. My oldest granddaughter, who is 11, asked for an afghan when she saw the camo with pink in it. So I guess we will be starting another tradition for my granddaughters, I have 2 more younger than her.

If you don't want to use it in your family, the yarn will make great chemo hats for men in hospice, men in VA hospitals, etc. There are groups on the internet who will be glad to get them for those folks.

I used something simular to that called Desert Sand for a bag and it turned out great. I have been looking for a camo color for a bag, so I will have to try that.

If you like and have enough, maybe we could make a trade for some colors I have.:hook

Maybe this is more to your liking. Made with Desert Sand

th_CrochetrooTote003.jpg(clickable)

Here's a couple pics of a kitchen set I did using earthtone, camel, white and a sugar n cream yarn sorta like a aran fleck.

th_earthtonescamelngrapestowels.jpg

th_earthtonesngrapekitchenset3.jpg

I hope this helps some, I found that when working with earthtone, that I liked pairing it up with other colors.

Archived